Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: debrasue

eyton408

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello Everyone
This is my second post (I think). I read all the posts here and am so envious. For the most part, you all seem to be within the normal range of 4 -8 mml. I just measured my glucose level before dinner and it was 20mml. Itvis usually between 10 and 20. I'm taking Metformin 1000x2 daily, diamicron 60x 2 daily together with other tablets. Im 170cm, 90ks and aged 72. I was diagnosed around 20 years ago. I lead a sedentary life and simply cant stop eating. My weight usually remains stable but is increasing recently. I have sleep apnoea which I think together with unstable diabetes keeps me exhausted all the time. My doctor just tells me that she cant do anything more in terms of medication a d just tells me to reduce my food intake , less carbonydrates and get off my b.......Oh I forgot, ńI drink too much red.
There are so many success stories here.
How do do it!
Kindest to all.

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Crumbs, had my eye screening yesterday. Eyes very sore and feeling a little low, found fluid in my eyes. Don't know what it means though. 7.4 this morning, before breakfast. 1 hour after, 18.4. All I had was a bowl of porridge, no topping at all.
I been thinking of trying porridge in a morning .... unsure if that better than egg and toast

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello Everyone
This is my second post (I think). I read all the posts here and am so envious. For the most part, you all seem to be within the normal range of 4 -8 mml. I just measured my glucose level before dinner and it was 20mml. Itvis usually between 10 and 20. I'm taking Metformin 1000x2 daily, diamicron 60x 2 daily together with other tablets. Im 170cm, 90ks and aged 72. I was diagnosed around 20 years ago. I lead a sedentary life and simply cant stop eating. My weight usually remains stable but is increasing recently. I have sleep apnoea which I think together with unstable diabetes keeps me exhausted all the time. My doctor just tells me that she cant do anything more in terms of medication a d just tells me to reduce my food intake , less carbonydrates and get off my b.......Oh I forgot, ńI drink too much red.
There are so many success stories here.
How do do it!
Kindest to all.

Hi @eyton408 and welcome to the forum :) glad to have you join us :D

Would you like me to move your post to a better place in the forum - where you will probably get more info and support?
People just post-and-run on this thread, but if i put your post elsewhere you will get much more advice, help and chat.