What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Polgara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.3 this morning.

Hit an interesting 3.7 before tea last night - long day and later tea as I had a parents evening - but I'm never usually below 4. Fast BG is also creeping lower - mostly 4.2/4.3 these days. Might be time to re-think metformin - was going to have a general medication chat with Dr next week - something to consider.

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! 6.9 for me, I barely slept last night, maybe 1-2 hours max. Getting ready for a long day of probably high and wonky bloodsugars, sigh.

Rubbish 7.8 :arghh:

Low carb’ed for last few days -but seem to be having bad reaction to pneumonia jab (never had one before). Arm very sore and feeling generally rubbish, been back to Doc’s once and might have to go again today :(
I'm sorry! The flu shot can definitely make you feel under the weather, but it should only last a couple of days (I'm usually feeling tons better after 3 days or so). If it feels rough, just remember it sure beats dying of pneumonia.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning! 6.9 for me, I barely slept last night, maybe 1-2 hours max. Getting ready for a long day of probably high and wonky bloodsugars, sigh.

I'm sorry! The flu shot can definitely make you feel under the weather, but it should only last a couple of days (I'm usually feeling tons better after 3 days or so). If it feels rough, just remember it sure beats dying of pneumonia.

Oh for sure! Interestingly flu shot in one arm was fine - the other arm with the pneumonia shot has had a dull ache constantly. Will take anti histamine and pain killers and hopefully it will passs ......

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning people

14e63a68a13c133018da7a52aa8e7516.jpg

Sweet smelling French Jasmin on a day when things are likely to prove a bit less sweet smelling for me as I take the day off work, (actually working from home would be a fairer comment) as I have to prepare for a gastroscopy and colonoscopy tomorrow morning.

Not even risking a walk today as I don't know when the little pills I took last night to "clean out my system" will kick into action.

Actually, glucose control will be a secondary consideration for the next couple of days; the recommended diet for the preparation is not what one would call low carb, pasta and white bread and no vegetables.

Morning sugars this morning at 5, 2 which is not bad considering I had a whole pitta bread last night.
Lovely photo - we need smellivision!

Best of luck for the procedure .