What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Better today bed 6.1 FBG 5.8 and DPs worst was 7.2 before descending so an improvement on yesterday's DP. Changing the fast to 18 hrs today so will be having lunch about 2pm.
B. Nothing just water
L. Late lunch couple of chicken thighs that I did in the Actifry with sour cream and crispy skin! Will probably have some lettuce and tomato with it.
D. The salmon fillet that gave way to the chicken flatties earlier this week. Will be with salad - lettuce, mozzarella pearls, fresh anchovies, sliced peppers, couple of baby beets and 2 Walnuts.
Odds on for chia pudding and 6 raspberries as well.

Ah well let's see if MFP still thinks this is anorexia levels. I wish they would change it to allow for fasting.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening

Breakfast - none

Lunch - a fast was planned as I had a lunch time physio appointment but really hungry on the way there so stepped into Waitrose and bought a 50g pack of almonds

Dinner - in Nando’s waiting for plain chicken legs (won’t need 2 but need more than 1) and salad. Then off to Westfield in Stratford to pick up an order from Uniqlo.

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke up at 5.9

B: Atkins protein shake
L: lowcarb wrap with chicken breast, spinach and peppers
D: chicken thighs baked in homemade masala sauce with a side salad

Blood sugars have been crazy today - random spikes and rises all afternoon and was 6.1 pre-dinner. Usually I'd be in the high 4s or low 5s by that point. Still have to test post-dinner so we'll see. Curiouser and curiouser!

AlexMagd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all. A bit late posting today - just back from preview of new gym opening up near me and which I’ve joined for a bargain price. Fully open in a couple of weeks and I’ll be getting some weights in.

@Goonergal I have the strangest suspicion that we live in the same area and will probably be both going to this gym... he said, not giving out his location on the Internet... did it used to be a BHS?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal I have the strangest suspicion that we live in the same area and will probably be both going to this gym... he said, not giving out his location on the Internet... did it used to be a BHS?

Hi @AlexMagd - now I’m intrigued - PM me if you want, but I don’t believe it was a BHS (to be honest I’m not sure what was there before!).

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
Seeded flatbread (15g carb) filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese and capers.
Lunch out. Small piece of smoked salmon quiche with salad.
Lots of mixed nuts (need to stop doing this)
Big mushroom with a cream cheese filling, fried courgettes, baby plum tomatoes and green beans in creme fraiche with basil and some stir-fried cauliflower rice and green lentils with roasted cauliflower and broccoli pieces.
Stewed rhubarb with stem ginger and Greek yoghurt.

B

badcat

Hi all
Todays offerings have been
B - 1/2 lidl roll with butter and homemade chia jam
L - 1 serving Aldi Paleo muesli with lacofree milk
D - 1/2 pkt M&S chicken Saag with added mushrooms, green salad & 1/2 Josephs lavash wrap
S - 8 strawberries
Drinks - 1 nespresso and 1 tea with lactofree milk, sparkly water
38g carbs 903 cals ( but mfp tells me I used 103 cals on treadmill so 800 cal net for the day
Persevering with low cal, losing but v slowly, 9-10lb so far . Bought a fitbit charge2 the other day and it is rapidly becoming my new obsession!

Last edited by a moderator:

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can't remember if posted thurs! It was a long long day!

I remember going to Aldi... Not been there for a while And was surprised at the range of GF!! I bought a lot of Paleo bars!! Wow! Lovely flavours! But some are rather high in carbs!!
I made a vegan version of cheese and broccoli soup which turned out to be delicious and there's enough for a bowl today too! But 1st....
B- my mix of Paleo cereal soaked overnight in macadamia milk
L- maybe a Paleo bar!!
D- gotta be that broccoli soup
Will have lots of still water interspersed with fruity/herbal teas

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello

Thursday

B - nothing
L- 1/2 lidl buttered protein roll, chunk of cheese, 1 hard boiled egg and pkt pork scratchings
D - 1/2 lidl protein roll and diet doctors club chicken, soooo nice I am going to make it for the family next week.

Today
B - nothing
Lunch will be yoghurt and as for dinner am not sure yet, possibly bacon and egg

Have a good day all xx

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a low-carb roll with mayonnaise and smoked sockeye salmon.

Lunch: Nothing

Later in the day, I experimented and made some rolls with quark-oil dough. Unfortunately, the dough turned out quite heavy and the rolls hardly rose at all. I had one of the rolls anyway, with butter and low-carb honey, as I didn't want to throw them out. I also experimented by finely slicing and deepfrying a horseradish to make horseradish chips -- taste wasn't glorious, but turned out better than the rolls.

Dinner: Leftovers (Swiss chard with prawns; roasted eggplant, peppers and tomatoes; ravioli filled with feta, spinach and onions).

Snack: Two heaping tablespoons of low-carb chocolate mousse.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thursday....

Breakfast: Toasted Lidl protein roll with cheese

Lunch: Half a pistachio mini croissant and half a rum mini croissant (BG was the same 2 hours after as it had been immediately before eating)

Dinner: Pork loin steak, red cabbage bake and baked beetroot

Drinks: Decaff tea with lactofree milk up until lunch time then sparkling mineral water until dinner - then two glasses of red wine.

I'm back on the strict ND on Sunday.

annscullamus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Friday -
L - keto cheese sandwich with almond flour

D - homemade chicken satay cauli and broccoli
Sugar free jelly and cream

Snacks - 75% chocolate Lavazza x 2 !

I have been away on a cruise and found it hard to keep on the straight and narrow so started writing about it if anyone is interested. It definitely helps. https://tamingtype2.blogspot.co.uk/

This forum is the best, but on a ship with no wifi I nearly crumbled.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A topsy turvy day because I wanted to find out what exercise did while on a 24 hr fast. Bed 5.8 and FBG was also 5.8 but rushing about doing things sent it up to 8.1 before it started to fall. Then continued to fall after Aqua swimming. Conclusion ? Exercise without food caused a liver dump until it was used up.
B. Nothing
L. Nothing - only had loads of water.
D. Will be gammon steak , celeriac chips, steamed broccoli, mushrooms and a fried egg. Suspect I will also have chia pudding with 6 raspberries.
One more 24 hr fast tomorrow before I see what the 1 week result is. Finding it surprisingly easy.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bit of an experiment. Have only previously eaten a maximum of 50g raspberries in one go and always as part of a meal. Today had the whole punnet (150g) with extra thick double cream. Up by 1 mmol after two hours so not bad.

Dinner - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon, 1 Birds Eye Burger, 20g Hema 85% chocolate

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi

Breakfast - none

Lunch - bit of an experiment. Have only previously eaten a maximum of 50g raspberries in one go and always as part of a meal. Today had the whole punnet (150g) with extra thick double cream. Up by 1 mmol after two hours so not bad.

Dinner - 2 Waitrose free range Cumberland sausages, 2 rashers bacon, 1 Birds Eye Burger, 20g Hema 85% chocolate
You like your Hema

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You like your Hema

What is hema?

Yes, I do!

Hema is a shop - I’ve only seen it at railway stations (Euston and Birmingham New Street). Sells all sorts of odds and ends including their own brand of very nice 85% chocolate, which is both lower carb and cheaper than the Lindt 85% (though more carbs than the Lindt 90%).

https://www.hemashop.com/gb/shop/co...ate-sweets/extra-dark-chocolate-85-(10370034)

https://www.hemashop.com/gb/

Last edited:
Reactions: ziggy_w

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning! :cat:
Friday turned out to be a bit of a naughty treat day! :hungry:
B- My paleo mix cereal in macadamia milk.:hungry: very filling only 25g soaked overnight in 100ml macadamia milk
snack~ banana bread paleo bar (cos BG 5mmol/L that's low for me)
L~ Nature's store instant veg soup in a mug 14.2g carbs and a choc macaroon!! ;)
snack~ 1x sq. dark choc (Morrisons) 85% = 2.6g carbs and Alpro dark choc dessert 18.4g carbs!!!:hungry::hungry::bag:
D- leftover broccoli soup (Quite a large bowlful) BG 2 hours later 8.1mmol/L :cat:
Snack~ about 8pm in a pub, playing pool! shared basket of chips and mayo!!!!:hungry::hungry::hungry: (no alcohol!)
Bedtime BG was 9mmol/L and I won 3x games of pool against my Hubby on our Date Night! :angelic:
(I think he let me win!!;))

Saturday, last day of September 2017 :cat:
I'm off to a retreat day event :) meditation, massage, calm thoughts.... you get the picture!:happy:
will be drinking lots of still water, no naughty food treats!:angelic::angelic::angelic: 9am - 6pm (ish!)

B~ mushroom and spinach and pesto omelette with berry infusion tea
L~ none (Water)
D~ not sure what's planned, but there's a vegan option on menu :):angelic::cat:

should be back home about 7ishpm for cuddles with Hubby:angelic::cat: