Feeling hyperglycemic while glucose level is normal

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello all,
This is my first post in this forum and I really liked it :) . I've been lately experiencing some symptoms of hyperglycemia after waking up directly although my blood glucose levels are around 120 (a bit high for fasting). My last hba1c is 7.2 and I'm on tresiba & novo rapid. Any ideas?

natariimei

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I'm still new to diabetes and get these feelings all the time, so I will be following this post. When I'm hypo, I don't feel it near as much as when I'm hyper. All my doc told me was that fasting levels will be higher, and to help with it take a walk before sleep.

videoman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there, I also have experiencing not only felling high when the glucoser is 5-6 and also very low 2-3 and felling OK and this is after 56 years as type 1

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello all,
This is my first post in this forum and I really liked it :) . I've been lately experiencing some symptoms of hyperglycemia after waking up directly although my blood glucose levels are around 120 (a bit high for fasting). My last hba1c is 7.2 and I'm on tresiba & novo rapid. Any ideas?
What are your symptoms? Hyperglycaemia shares symptoms that are common to many other conditions.

M

Member34835

Hi. I find my sensiti ity to low and high bgs varies depending on .y o erall contol eg when badly controlled I do not notice highs but feel bypo at 5 or below. Coversely when people have consizte tly low bgs they have zbown that thdy will be asymptomatic at 2 or 3.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Well, sometimes I woke up to go to the bathroom at 5-6 am, dry mouth, some pain in my feet.
Some other days I woke up very normally without any of these.
What are your symptoms? Hyperglycaemia shares symptoms that are common to many other conditions.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Most of us need the toilet and are thirsty in the mornings. I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. I cannot comment on the feet bit though, what's your HbA1c and how long have you been T1?

Any ideas what your BG's are like overnight, have you ever woke to test at 2-3am?

Reactions: rosalindp
Type of diabetes
Type 1
For 14 years now ... my hba1c on average is 7.2 ...

I didn't try to test my BG overnight... Perhaps I may check it this night

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
7.2% is a pretty good HbA1c, so I wouldn't have thought that hyperglycemia would be the cause of your needing the toilet/feeling dehydrated when you wake.

Do test sometime overnight just to make sure they you're not going high; at least to rule it it.