• Weight loss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weight loss

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelloubjr33

Type of diabetes
Type 2
feeling disappointed being really good trying to get blood sugars down last Friday they were 20.2 and got them down to the lowest 6.1 been trying to lose weight to and been eating healthy cutting portions down too and trying to walk at least 30 mins every if I can and only lost 3 and a half pounds this week any advice please

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Three and a half pounds in one week is good in my opinion. Keep at it.

Reactions: Dinet

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
feeling disappointed being really good trying to get blood sugars down last Friday they were 20.2 and got them down to the lowest 6.1 been trying to lose weight to and been eating healthy cutting portions down too and trying to walk at least 30 mins every if I can and only lost 3 and a half pounds this week any advice please
Agree with @Guzzler that your weight loss is good. I believe that steady weight loss is not only healthier for you, but the weight is more likely to stay off...

You may also find that with BG's in the twenties, that you may have been losing a lot of water through frequent visits to the toilet. So it's possible that you've lost more weight than the scales are showing, technically speaking, as you're now retaining water like your suppost to - which would theoretically make you heavier.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
When I started Atkins I lost weight quickly - so fast that I deliberately slowed it down - rapid weightloss is not good for you, it is not a success to be dropping weight - having seen people who achieved their teenage weight with their latest diet and looking as though they have aged ten years in the process it is not something desirable.
Personally I find that if I eat low carb foods, 10 percent carbs or less, and less of them in the mornings, my BG and energy levels are good. I don't really need to think about portion size for those foods, though peas and beans of all kinds I do, I seem to be sensitive to them, and anything higher than 10 percent I really need to restrict the amounts I eat.
I have never been able to prove that calories in the diet are what controls weight - on a low calorie diet I just collapse, white faced and fainting, and do not lose weight, but on low carb I have no calorie restrictions and I am now 15 percent lighter than when on the 'cholesterol reducing' diet pre diagnosis, and without even trying.

Dinet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Three and a half pounds in one week is good in my opinion. Keep at it.
i second that, 3. 5 pounds a week is very good in my books