What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A bit waking blood sugar unrelated, while waiting for my client to turn up yesterday for his lesson I was parked up in a picnic area. I met this little darling who introduced itself to me by running across the toe of my boot. It measured no bigger than a fifty pence piece and was absolutely delightful.

It is a dormouse. Life is truly a wonderful thing.
Sooo Cute. I think that must be good Karma. :happy:

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
5.2 this morning.

And some more Begonias.

Yellow Begonias.jpg
Begonia3.jpg

heavyd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bleaching of skin and lies
Good morning everyone and after my lovely cream tea yesterday my BG is 6.4.
I have to say I am a bit surprised but apart from a little chicken at evening meal that is all I ate yesterday,again ThankYou all for my birthday wishes for today my birthday 1/10/1946 :- 71 years young. Some women keep there age a secret why we should be proud, I am! K Have a wonderful day everyone.
Happy Birthday, wish you LLnP. Have a lovely day

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, @PenfoldAPD !
This seems to be happening to quite a few of us this year - perhaps it's something to do with this year's vaccine. I'm usually in the low to mid-5s, but my FBS has increased to 6.1 today after my flu jab yesterday.
I asked about the pneumonia vaccine, having had pneumonia last year and being in no rush to repeat the experience, but my GP told me I had to wait until I was 65 before I qualified... :grumpy:

Maybe my GP thought I am 84 not 48 :) I was told if you are diabetic you can have the pneumonia jab. 5 days later though I am still suffering ....

A FBG of 6.5 today :)

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My fasting BG was 7.8. I'm very happy with that. I'm newly diagnosed and was in the hospital with very high numbers about two weeks ago. I'm still working on getting things down to normal. I have a good team in place now. I saw our diabetic nurse last week, and she was happy with my numbers I recorded for her. This week I'll see my doctor, and the medical groups dietian Thursday to go over things. I'm feeling way better about things now, and am feeling healthier and happier than I been in a long time.

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
My fasting BG was 7.8. I'm very happy with that. I'm newly diagnosed and was in the hospital with very high numbers about two weeks ago. I'm still working on getting things down to normal. I have a good team in place now. I saw our diabetic nurse last week, and she was happy with my numbers I recorded for her. This week I'll see my doctor, and the medical groups dietian Thursday to go over things. I'm feeling way better about things now, and am feeling healthier and happier than I been in a long time.
That's fantastic!! Great job at getting your numbers down and feeling healthier! :D

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Better number today for you my good man :)

Hoping to be back in the 5’s by the end of this week ......

Antibiotics have finally kicked in and are bringing the reaction to the pneumonia jab under control - swelling going down and my arm isn’t red hot! Still apparently this vaccine is a one off.

So back into the pool tomorrow morning - although getting up in the dark at 5:55am isn’t going to be fun :arghh::arghh: