What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
f7de09a9e72d76783114eea91df60d8e.jpg

Good morning everyone

Woke up at 5:00 AM with glucose at 5,0 mmol. Went on my usual 5km morning walk, tested glucose again, you guessed it 5,0mmol/l again! The fifth (of April though not of May) also happens to be my birthday.

Decided to take one day off work. I realize that although my mind knows that last week's tests are now successfully over, my body has not yet caught up and I am still showing signs of stress: not sleeping very well and I have a mouth full of ulcers, a tell tale sign with me since I was a child that I am stressed. The idea of more work related pressure simply does not appeal. I need some down time and some me time even if just a day.

Hope you are all having a good start to your week.

Sorry about the ulcers. They really hurt! And thankyou for the lovely photo.

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Buon giorno a tutti voi da tutti voi i girasoli diabetici a basso tenore di zucchero. This morning in a scene akin to the worst excesses of none other than Stephen King's imagination I awoke to find a mole with a mallet perched on the end of my bed. No, no no I haven't been eating cheese or even LSD. It really was there. Mr Mole hit me about the head 4 times and my morning blood sugars are at 4.0mmols. I am now going dog walking and then to work where I will nurse the lumps in my skull. May you all have a very good day and an excellent week :)
Nearly understood all of that Italian spiel! Just gotta look up a couple of new words! :confused::cat:o_O
That'll teach you for playing whackamole yesterday a.m.!! Mole got you back!! :blackeye::cyclops::D (New emojis used at last!!):cat::playful::p
Excellent FBG though! ;) No need to visit me the west wales guru for advice!! :joyful::rolleyes:

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And you @debrasue are a sweetheart ;)

I’m at 6.5 today, slowly coming down. Sticking to strict low carb now (I even resisted fins and chips yesterday during a low moment!) - off for a morning swim shortly and gym later. Want to be firmly in the 5’s before my birthday next week ... 49 :arghh:

Life as an ‘in control’ diabetic is so much better :)
On reaching 50 years old ... I was told that 50 is the new 40!! Life begins again!!:cat:

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enjoy your me time I know exactly how it feels, my stress levels keep me awake about 4 hours sleep most night and chewing gums due to anxiety. I need to find other things to do to alleviate it but not sure what. Hope you start to feel less stressful very soon. K
How about a complimentary therapy? Check out your local college... they offer free/very cheap sessions to practice their skills:
Indian Head Massage
Aromatherapy (Massage)
Reflexology
Massage
the possibilities are endless.... all of the above I find to be beneficial for relaxation/de-stressing :cat:
I recently had a 30 min session of Indian Head Massage at a local spa and slept 6 hours straight!! ;)
I go for regular Acupuncture therapy too, yes I know! More needles!! But more of a pressure feeling than sharpness... honest! :cat:
I was advised to change my diet, quite drastically... would not suit everyone! But it is helping me ;):)

Reactions: Granny_grump_

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
How about a complimentary therapy? Check out your local college... they offer free/very cheap sessions to practice their skills:
Indian Head Massage
Aromatherapy (Massage)
Reflexology
Massage
the possibilities are endless.... all of the above I find to be beneficial for relaxation/de-stressing :cat:
I recently had a 30 min session of Indian Head Massage at a local spa and slept 6 hours straight!! ;)
I go for regular Acupuncture therapy too, yes I know! More needles!! But more of a pressure feeling than sharpness... honest! :cat:
I was advised to change my diet, quite drastically... would not suit everyone! But it is helping me ;):)

Hi Butterfly
You may have just come up trumps with the college therapies when I was working I used to use them they are great, Swedish massage
And Indian head massage where so relaxing, been retired for a number of years now and just forgot about them. Thank you I will get in touch with college and try and book some treatments. K

Reactions: geefull

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Why not go the whole hog and say ...30 by the end of the day il be bk in nappies haha

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Indian Head Massage
Aromatherapy (Massage)
Reflexology
Massage

Hi Butterfly1960
I've been to our local beauty college this afternoon and checked out the treatments,they start back in November £2 to join plus therapy fee depending on what treatments you have.
Will be phoning them to book in in November so Thank you again, do you go private for acupuncture treatment? Best Wishes Kathleen

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What is 70 the new ?? Awaiting a reply has I certainly don't feel 71 maybe 50 ish!!! K
Lets say 70 IS the new 50ish wat is age its only a number although some people have an effect where they put years on you haha you stay young granny grump x

Reactions: Prem51
D

Deleted member 308541

6.0 at 5:15 am.

Our grandsons got away from the airport in time to miss the storm that dumped a plurry lot of water on Bundaberg. They arrived home around 6:00 pm West Oz time.

We have got best part of 340mm (about 9½ inches in the old imperial measure) since 9:00 am yesterday morning.

dFUl2eJ.png

Last edited by a moderator: