HbA1c query

zig

I was diagnosed in May so very much a newbie still finding my way to good control but know I am heading in right direction...my results so far have been 13 something at diagnosis (you can see that I didn't see the importance of these results at that stage) and chol 6 ; 2nd result after about 5/6 weeks was 10 and chol 4.8 and last week's result 6.9 chol ? (I was told when I asked they hadn't tested for it) ...so my query is when I get these test results what should I expect to be told or what should I be asking about?

Thanks in anticipation
Zig

jopar

because you are pretty new to diabetes you would have had more HbA1c tests than normal..

Blood tests are normally carried our every 3 or 6 months dependant really on if you attend clinic every 3 months or 6 months

When they take bloods they run several tests..

HbA1c
Cholesterol
Thyroid
Liver function
Kindey function

But as you say you've got some nice results there, you might still be in the honeymoon period so if you get a rocky patch, this is probably the honeymoon period coming to an end, it's likely that you will require more insulin to get control, but just keep working with improving and you get it sorted..