green tea

francis1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I see a lot of people drink coffee on the forums. As someone who doesn't enjoy drinking coffee I drink green tea instead.
I was just wondering if anyone else has experience of drinking green tea and feeling better for it.
I drink it mostly when I get a tired/ thick head feeling and find 20 mins later I feel so much better.

Reactions: TIANDB and doc_908

doc_908

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I see a lot of people drink coffee on the forums. As someone who doesn't enjoy drinking coffee I drink green tea instead.
I was just wondering if anyone else has experience of drinking green tea and feeling better for it.
I drink it mostly when I get a tired/ thick head feeling and find 20 mins later I feel so much better.

Same ... I prefer green tea over coffee..

Reactions: francis1971

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I love the idea of green tea and every six months of so I experiment with it - the latest was Twinings bakewell tart flavour green tea - and, while I love the taste, I always get a headache with it. :( I think it might be the caffeine as I drink decaff coffee and occasionally I enjoy a mug Yorkshire decaff tea.

francis1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I also get a lot of headaches since being diagnosed (never suffered before) and find that a cup of tea really helps. I've tried loads of flavours and find they all help. The only one I don't care for is PGtips raspberry.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried lots of different teas over the years - I used to work for Allied Lyons - and seem to have settled on a mixture of mint and liquorice as my all time favourite.
I can buy the two teas in Tesco and put two bags of each in a large teapot, not quite boiling water, allow to infuse and then I fish out the bags and keep it warm over a tea light. Now that winter is on its way I will be adding that to my menu. It doesn't need any sweetener - to my tastes, though boiling water and long infusion do bring out the bitter flavours.

Reactions: TIANDB