Off insulin

honda 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
old age
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, so here is some good news, type 2on insulin, today thanks with the help on this forum I have come off insulin. At the worse I was 13st 8lbs, taking 28 units of insulin a day, now down to 10st 4lbs,and taking 4units a day, today doctor said to come off altogether, FANTASTIC. so there is hope at the and of the rainbow.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I think that's the best news I've witnessed yet on this forum. Today, you just won the Internet! Well done!

Reactions: scooby2 and ziggy_w

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, so here is some good news, type 2on insulin, today thanks with the help on this forum I have come off insulin. At the worse I was 13st 8lbs, taking 28 units of insulin a day, now down to 10st 4lbs,and taking 4units a day, today doctor said to come off altogether, FANTASTIC. so there is hope at the and of the rainbow.
Fantastic news. Well done. For weight loss too.
It seems weight loss is the biggest key to reducing and getting off meds?
I'm try own weight loss and bariatric surgery loss.
I'd be as happy as you if I could get off basal insulin. Bolus seems do able on low carb and metformin, for me. Just having difficulty getting off basal. Any tips?

Reactions: 13lizanne

honda 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
old age
Fantastic news. Well done. For weight loss too.
It seems weight loss is the biggest key to reducing and getting off meds?
I'm try own weight loss and bariatric surgery loss.
I'd be as happy as you if I could get off basal insulin. Bolus seems do able on low carb and metformin, for me. Just having difficulty getting off basal. Any tips?
Can't help with insulin, but weight loss, I never eat a meal with more than 25 carbs,per meal
No spike less insulin

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Wow, honda!! I Just love to read posts like yours.

A big well done, and keep up the good work. You must feel like you're walking on air this evening. :)

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
That is brilliant @honda 123, well done. Hold onto the feeling of walking on air this evening, it will help to keep you on track.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Can't help with insulin, but weight loss, I never eat a meal with more than 25 carbs,per meal
No spike less insulin
Low carb food is fantastic for getting rid of novarapid. Just wish I could do the same with basal need.
Tried lowering but just bounced back high bgs even on the no carb meals.
Basal test done so back to 66units til maybe more weight loss. Humf!
I wish in the future I can follow your lead. A great achievement!

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@ickihun, It seems that most people with Type2 on insulin go on every increasing dosage with their BG control also getting worse. Hence you are doing very well with the reduction in insulin usage you have made.

There is an ongoing study in the USA lead by the best low carb experts providing very high level of daily support, when they publish their next round of results, we may know how many people can come off insulin given the best possible support. (I expect it will be below 95%, but more than 50%)

The company funding the study is working on "payment by results" as their low-carb support costs about $400 per month, and it costs about $500 per month in the USA on average per person for "Type2" healthcare. They may have a money printing machine running from turning around the life of people with Type2 if the next set of studies proves it works.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I last posted, so here is some good news, type 2on insulin, today thanks with the help on this forum I have come off insulin. At the worse I was 13st 8lbs, taking 28 units of insulin a day, now down to 10st 4lbs,and taking 4units a day, today doctor said to come off altogether, FANTASTIC. so there is hope.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to you,

And you have done very well please could you explain how you did it was it low carb ect
Would love to know lol.

Diligent500.

honda 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
old age
Hi to you,

And you have done very well please could you explain how you did it was it low carb ect
Would love to know lol.

Diligent500.
Yes low carb programme, not more than 25 CARB's per meal,worked for me

PatsyB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Wow WELL DONE, wish i could come off it not on much mind 8 units of mix 25 % humalog mornings and 6 @ 50% in the evening but woudl love to come off it..... i lost my weight so can not say its cos of the weight....sighs

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
@PatsyB Long term very low carb is giving people lots of admizing result, there seems to be healing process from long term very low carb (even better with intermitanat fasting) that has an effect greater then the weight lose. But very low carb is very hard without surport, and the NHS does not provide the needed surport.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow WELL DONE, wish i could come off it not on much mind 8 units of mix 25 % humalog mornings and 6 @ 50% in the evening but woudl love to come off it..... i lost my weight so can not say its cos of the weight....sighs

I sympathise with you.........I never had weight to lose........but still cannot come off my insulin, been there tried that, finally accepted that my pancreas is shot and just get on with life.........I don't take much either but without it........BIG HUGS.....xxxx