E Cigarettes

Biggwun

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Type 2, metformin +Dapagliflozin and insulin. Have found that over the past 3 years using E cigarette that you must choose the juice you use very carefully as this can and does effect your results depending on your usage. I have stopped fruit flavoured juice as this was causing some problems I did not understand and could not explain. After stopping these my doctor is now convinced I may be able to stop the insulin as my sugars are much lower and border line HYPO at times. previous tests were average 10.8mmol
after 3 months off the fruit juices now at 7.1 mmol. I'm using a new menthol 3mg nicotine PG (Propylene Glycol) 70%, and VG (Vegetable Glycerin) 30% Diacetyl Free. I think this needs to be looked at as it took me ages to find out what was causing my results to rise.

Reactions: Simon84

Ian_Laye

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Cirro Utterly Menthol from the Co-op doesn't effect my BG levels at all.

HelenHak

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I too use the Cirro menthol, and other menthols when they are unavailable, and have had no problems.

francis1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I make my own liquid and don't have any problems with high blood glucose. I'm very careful to use the flavour concentrates with all the chemicals taken out. I started making my own as there's no way of knowing what is in the flavours a pre made product may have.

Reactions: ChrisEHawkes

PC16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Me to francis1971 making my own works perfect for me 88%VG and I get my VG from boots the rest is flavour concentrate and a tiny drop of nicotine and no BG anomalies. If you make your own juice you kind of know whats in em and can like you say avoid the nasty... not to mention if you wanted you can cut down the nicotine level, I worked mine out at about 0.8mg/ml, I should mention that I got 100ml of 72mg/ml nicotine when I first started vaping a few years ago never use much even when I had a subtank and I still have loads left, I think the new TPD has messed all that up, now I only vape 1-2ml of juice a day using my small but mighty eleaf Icare solo however even the branded coils come with awful cotton so I re-wrap em with some stock cotton I got ages ago and boom one lasts 2-3 weeks.

PS francis1971 where do you get your flav's from I could do to change vendors??

PC16

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Jen7NZ - good job - I quit 3 years ago this month and not because of "stoptober" but because I was to ill to pop to shops and buy some lol - best thing to come of my illness i say!:joyful:

Happy hippy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football
I make my own liquid and don't have any problems with high blood glucose. I'm very careful to use the flavour concentrates with all the chemicals taken out. I started making my own as there's no way of knowing what is in the flavours a pre made product may have.
Hi Francis 1971.
I Vap and would love to know how to safely make my own oils.
Can you please explain how you do it for me please.
Many thanks Happy hippy.

francis1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Francis 1971.
I Vap and would love to know how to safely make my own oils.
Can you please explain how you do it for me please.
Many thanks Happy hippy.
It is as easy as making a cup of tea.
Firstly you need to source liquid nicotine. A web search will find many companies selling it. I personally use bluestar e-liquid.com at 72mg. I use vegetable glycerin base(VG).
I purchase my PG and VG liquid from eBay but there are many places online to get both from. Just I find it the cheapest on there.
The flavourings I buy from rainbow capes and choose the more expensive brands. If you click on the flavour you are interested in it will tell you if there are any traces of any other chemicals in it. Flavour west, capella tend to bechemical free.
You'll need measuring needles and bottles. Again I buy thes

francis1971

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I buy my p
Me to francis1971 making my own works perfect for me 88%VG and I get my VG from boots the rest is flavour concentrate and a tiny drop of nicotine and no BG anomalies. If you make your own juice you kind of know whats in em and can like you say avoid the nasty... not to mention if you wanted you can cut down the nicotine level, I worked mine out at about 0.8mg/ml, I should mention that I got 100ml of 72mg/ml nicotine when I first started vaping a few years ago never use much even when I had a subtank and I still have loads left, I think the new TPD has messed all that up, now I only vape 1-2ml of juice a day using my small but mighty eleaf Icare solo however even the branded coils come with awful cotton so I re-wrap em with some stock cotton I got ages ago and boom one lasts 2-3 weeks.

PS francis1971 where do you get your flav's from I could do to change vendors??
I buy my PG and VG from eBay. Litre bottla of each. So much cheaper. I too started with boots VG. Nothing wrong with it at all. I buy my flavours from rainbow vapes and usually get flavour west or capella. About the cheapest I've found. Hope this helps.