Anxiety

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve always suffered with anxiety and am treated for it but am now finding that an anxiety attack increases my urine output . Is this the affect of the adrenaline does anyone know please?

callumchilled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bigotry, Superiority, Bullying.
I've got bad anxiety problems too, and am on medication for it. I seem to go the other way and not need to pee for ages.

Reactions: Barrowbakers

Wshelledy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anxiety can raise your bg levels which in turn can increase urine output. Do you know what your levels have been like?

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve always suffered with anxiety and am treated for it but am now finding that an anxiety attack increases my urine output . Is this the affect of the adrenaline does anyone know please?

Hi @Barrowbakers ,

Sorry to hear your anxiety problems...

Along with raising BS levels. (Liver dump.) Increased urine output could be triggered as a "fight or flight response."

My father used to have gut issues when in highly stressful situations...
I'm no expert on the subject.
But I have also noticed whilst walking my dog (on a leash.) through a field of sheep. On spotting my dog, some of the cattle will startle then urinate shortly before removing themself from a perceived hazardous situation...

Reactions: DaftThoughts

DaftThoughts

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Had anxiety for almost 15 years now, including panic attacks. The bad ones make me pee like a horse.