Trulicity

Dainty Di

Type of diabetes
Type 2
is anyone taking trulicity and if so how are you doing with it ? I've been taking it now for a month and the side effects are just settling down, it's doing what it's support do regarding my bg's but will be grateful for any help from anyone who's been taking it fro some time .

Gary_Gower

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi there. I've been using trulicity for nearly a year now! Personally - it was a bit up and down to begin with - BG's were good but I had stomach upsets, nauseous, tired etc - all the usual side effects. Went off food and lost a few pounds. The last few months have been very stable - I do get more stomach upsets than I did pre-trulicity but its manageable - if I eat rubbish, I get a bad stomach....BG is good - 5-7 pre meal and up to 9 post. HbA1c was down to 50. Doc happy to give it a few more months - think if I shed some weight and only eat when I'm really hungry, I think it could be very good. I take overnight lantus insulin - reduced that from about 25 to 18 units. Think there a real chance if I can get my mind to it that I can reduce that further. Sorry bit of a ramble - been pretty good overall - worth persevering with. How's it going with you?