99% lindt chocolate...

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found 99% lindt Dark chocolate. Didnt realise until i opened it. Even in its own special casing...

Its JUST too bitter to eat straight. I wonder if i can melt it with some milk and make hot chocolate? Be nice now winter is on its way.
Any suggestions?

Reactions: pjayem1964

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The carbs that you save with the chocolate would be taken up by the milk. The highest % chocolate I used to have was 85%. I also think that your choc may go all 'grainy' when you add hot milk.

Art Of Flowers

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lindt do 1 90% dark chocolate, which I eat. You can get in Sainsbury. I did try 100% Montezuma chocolate, but it is just too bitter.

Reactions: Ixarix and shoesy24

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just found 99% lindt Dark chocolate. Didnt realise until i opened it. Even in its own special casing...

Its JUST too bitter to eat straight. I wonder if i can melt it with some milk and make hot chocolate? Be nice now winter is on its way.
Any suggestions?
Sounds great. You could add an artificial sweetener or/and add it to a low carb milk, cashew or almond. I bet the nutty flavour of the milk will make it taste lovely. It may go a bit grainy - but it all goes down the same hole :)

Last edited:

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people

Any suggestions?
I like the 99% Lindt chocolate, but you only get half as much for the same price as the 90%, so I don't buy it. They try and fool you by making the bar the same size, but half as thick. I always have one 10g square of the 90% with coffee every morning as a treat.

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lindt do 1 90% dark chocolate, which I eat. You can get in Sainsbury. I did try 100% Montezuma chocolate, but it is just too bitter.

Thanks of course I meant to buy the 90%. I just picked it up without looking really. I am about to bake a cake for my son’s 2nd birthday so perhaps i can make some choc cupcakes too!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried the 99% but it was too bitter,, the 90% is great and 14g carbs per 100g so not even too carby...I had 3 squares tonight. Best thing is it's too bitter for hubby so I get to have it all to myself.

Reactions: Ixarix

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I buy Tesco 85%, a bit cheaper than Lindt, just as nice, I have a square or two after dinner every night :hungry:

Reactions: Ela_H_

Vhm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I eat Lindt 90 percent. I've had 99 percent too. One idea is to buy liquid stevia. Squirt a bit onto a plate. Swirl square of the 99 percent in the liquid stevia. No carbs added.

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love 99% try breaking a very tiny bit off and letting it melt on your tongue- this " primes" your taste buds - then small bits just melting in your mouth - lush

If you rally can't handle it makes some little chocolate pots by making a ganache with warmed cream (not milk) sweetener of your choice and slowly add your choc melt it then pour into shot glasses and let set - you can add orange essence or finely grated rind or mint flavouring - or even alcohol for a special decadent treat

https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/low-carb-chocolate-ganache-for-truffles-or-sauce/843430

A recipe if you need one :)

shoesy24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I love 99% try breaking a very tiny bit off and letting it melt on your tongue- this " primes" your taste buds - then small bits just melting in your mouth - lush

If you rally can't handle it makes some little chocolate pots by making a ganache with warmed cream (not milk) sweetener of your choice and slowly add your choc melt it then pour into shot glasses and let set - you can add orange essence or finely grated rind or mint flavouring - or even alcohol for a special decadent treat

https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/low-carb-chocolate-ganache-for-truffles-or-sauce/843430

A recipe if you need one :)

Great tip. And link thanks

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Posted this on another thread....Moser Roth 85% from Aldi. It's THE BEST (and cheap) !

Reactions: TIANDB

Jc3131

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heidi dark extreme 85% from ASDA for around £1.30.

It's quite tasty and per 100g it has 18g of carbs. The bar is an 80g bar so if my maths is ok, it's 14.4g of carbs per whole bar.

Juicetin

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried the Heidi stuff, it's okay but I didn't rush to buy anymore.
Sainsbury Taste The Difference 85% is really nice and usually about £1.25 a bar.

Reactions: johnmrg

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Tried the Heidi stuff, it's okay but I didn't rush to buy anymore.
Sainsbury Taste The Difference 85% is really nice and usually about £1.25 a bar.
Haven't seen that. Will try it. A few squares of chocolate is about the only treat I have now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Any suggestions?
Really good melted into almond milk and even better in almond and hemp milk mixture. I add triple zero stevia. For a treat very nice with 5* Metaxa added, the vanilla taste works well.

Last edited:
Reactions: TIANDB

nomoredonuts

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Current American Presidents.
Really good melted into almond milk and even better in almond and hemp milk mixture. I add triple zero stevia. For a treat very nice with 5* Metaxa added, the vanilla taste works well.
5* Metaxa? I accidentally brought home a 2 litre bottle of scotch from holiday - for medicinal purposes. Wonder if that would work?