Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Lamont D I have been running higher since I had mine, but I had a small operation at the same time so was putting the change in levels down to that not the vaccine. Now you have me wondering...

Reactions: Lamont D

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My surgery just rang, I was going to have a pneumonia jab this afternoon (another diabetic freebie!) but they have had to postpone it til 26th, nurse off sick. I’m quite glad actually as I’ve felt a little rough since my flu jab headachy and blood sugars up a little. I had just got back to normal yesterday.

Reactions: Lamont D

MICHAELD11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi I'm type 2 and got my flu jab last Saturday and it's had no affect on my BG levels. I have been type 2 for over twenty years, the only time I had a reaction was the first time I got the jab a number of years ago, was off work for a week as bad as could be with the flu I will never forget that experience. I would say don't be put off from getting the flu jab as reactions to it are not the norm.

Reactions: charliebarker

sue4les

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
people who eat chocolate in front of me. Boo Hoo
It is now two weeks since my flu jab.
I have had consistently had blood glucose levels of over 6mmols.
It kicked me out of ketosis.
I had readings upwards of 7mmols regularly after two hours even eating very low carb.
I stopped eating until evening to keep my levels even at the just above normal levels.
My fasting levels had an average of 6.4 for those two weeks.
I have been feeling really rough, the usual suspects of symptoms, even had a fall, and so, so tired, I had to take a couple of days off to try and relax, get my control back, but until yesterday, my levels would not go back into normal levels.
If I didn't need to take the jab, I wouldn't bother again.
I thought the jab was to prevent getting the flu, but this did give me the virus that I was supposed to be protected from.
You would presume, that because I'm really healthy, that it would not affect me, but this was awful! (Not like man flu!)
I have always been a supporter of the flu jab, but not this year's recipe!

I hope I'm over it now!
Hi I had my flu jab about two weeks ago now and found no side effects at all. BUT my husband and I both said the same thing that we did not feel anything and it makes us wonder if the jab was done properly. I did say to the nurse at the time have you really done it because I didnt feel the sting of the jab at all she said yes it was all done. So we shall wait and see as normally we dont even get a cold. Take care all. Sue

charliebarker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I had my flu jab about two weeks ago now and found no side effects at all. BUT my husband and I both said the same thing that we did not feel anything and it makes us wonder if the jab was done properly. I did say to the nurse at the time have you really done it because I didnt feel the sting of the jab at all she said yes it was all done. So we shall wait and see as normally we dont even get a cold. Take care all. Sue
If the vaccine has been out of the fridge for long enough you shouldn't feel anything - you usually get the 'sting' when the vaccine is just out of the fridge!

62Rose

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I've been putting off having it for the first time as I wondered how I might react. I am really not on top of my blood sugars still and can't bear the thought that it could make them worse. I hope you and anyone else affected soon feel well.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been putting off having it for the first time as I wondered how I might react. I am really not on top of my blood sugars still and can't bear the thought that it could make them worse. I hope you and anyone else affected soon feel well.

Flu will definitely make them worse -

Reactions: charliebarker

Margie@home

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Margie at home
I never have a flue jab now. Twenty four years ago I had one and was ill for over a month. So far I have been fine. I worked with adults and children and never refused work with infectious people. I think it built up my immune system.
I've been type 1 for 60 years.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Flu will definitely make them worse -
I agree with @Bluetit1802 flu will definitely make them way worse. My flu jab did make me feel a little bit headachy for a few days and did put my blood glucose readings up, but only by about 0.5mmol/l for about 5-6 days

Last edited: