What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hi Karen I'm ok now thank you, it takes me harf hour to come round from a bad hypo, its a lovely feeling as that hypo wears off. I have to watch I don't go high now, its so east to eat loads when your hypo. have a good day . tone
I know that feeling very well its so easy to over treat a hypo its like ye just panic an cram everything in enjoy the rest of your day ♀️

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.6 today

Not looking too bad weather wise this morning here, I think Mr Gee and I are going back to the DIY at mum's today after it was interrupted by our trip to Lancashire, all the filling and sanding bits are done and now on to the paint, picture me covered in pale blue paint splats ;)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We were invited to dinner last night by the parents of one of my son's classmates that we are on friendly terms we are with.

They are not aware of my diabetes and dinner was a Chinese food buffet. Delicious but not low carb. I served myself smallish helpings of whatever looked the least carb heavy, losing so much weight recently actually came to my aid in this case as everybody assumed that I was still on diet. I did not want to mention diabetes for fear that would put the hosts in an uncomfortable position feeling they should have made special dietary provision for me.

I took care of any remaining hunger by generous helpings of nuts with my drink.

At the end of the night I was at 5,2 mmol, which in the circumstances I thought of as almost miraculously good.

Fasting glucose this morning also 5,2.

Have a great weekend.

D

Diabeticliberty

good morning. 2.2today, 14 yesterday. boy did I get that toast and Cadburys chocolate fingers down me rather swiftly this morning. have a nice Saturday Tone

Choccy fingers!!!!! OMG now you gone and dunnit.,I am round to my local Happy Shopper (other retailers are available) on roller skates to fill up my socks with 10 boxes of those choccy bad boys :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning I'm never sure whether to have a flu jab I always feel bad for a while after woods it does affect my sugar
Yes Tony,I feel the same,but after a bad bout of flu which then became pneumonia a few years ago I'm scared not to!We sometimes can't win.Hope you are feeling better after your hypo.You D1s have so much to contend with,the last thing you need is flu.

D

Diabeticliberty

good morning I'm never sure whether to have a flu jab I always feel bad for a while after woods it does affect my sugar

If you have or don't have one it is really a personal choice. With the greatest of respect though no matter how good we control ourselves if you get flu and our immune systems are a little bit weaker than your average Joe Soap the effects will make you feel a million times worse for a million times longer than the jab. My first flu jab ever and I was laid up for a week with some lurgy or another. I swore blind that it was the jab my doctor insisted it wasn't. The next year I swerved the jab and did get influenza. I couldn't get out of bed for over 10 days and took about 3 months to fully recover. It was absolutely horrible.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I don't run miles but I walk and cycle a few miles each day. I started with an app for my phone aimed at 3000 steps per day and did it every day without fail until it felt normal. The upped it to 4000. Then 5000 etc........... Two years on I feel I could walk or cycle all day.
What an inspiration you are. Fabulous:joyful:

D

Diabeticliberty

Yes Tony,I feel the same,but after a bad bout of flu which then became pneumonia a few years ago I'm scared not to!We sometimes can't win.Hope you are feeling better after your hypo.You D1s have so much to contend with,the last thing you need is flu.

We do have a lot to contend with but then so do type 2's. Poor control will still lead to the same potentially ****** outcome, regardless of type. You have the media and a lot of other really ignorant and poorly informed sources very wrongly pointing the finger of blame at you all saying your condition is all your own fault. It is absolutely not your own fault. You have a health service that quite frankly offers the vast majority of you all a pretty third rate service when it comes to supporting you all in the management of your condition. They stitch you all up with flimsy excuses for denying you testing equipment and when you question the decision they stick their fingers in their ears, close their eyes and sing. la, la, la, la.

Last edited by a moderator: