noticing a significant change in my blood sugar levels

Paul Fennessy

hi

I have had type 2 diabetes for 10 years plus, over the past three years I have some complications due to high blood sugar levels and been suffering from chronic neuropathic pain in my legs and feet Some days I can hardly walk because it feels like I am walking through lava, I am on a concoction of meds to help control it, but the side effects make me feel tired all the time and going to the toilet all the time

Now with all the meds, I am taking and a strict low carb diet my blood sugars at a low was about 9.5 and peeking around 13 to 14 throughout the day and am still having complications with neuropathic pain.

The advice I have been given is to lower my blood sugar levels and the pain will begin to go. I have been at my lowest because of not being able to sleep at night because of one thing and another and been feeling really depressed because of it

Now until recently, I haven't smoked since I was diagnosed with diabetes which is like over 10 years. I started smoking because someone gave me a joint with marijuana in it, and this seemed to get rid of the pain almost instantly so now I have the occasional joint at night to try and help me sleep.

Now what I have noticed over the past few weeks is my blood sugars appear normal with my lowest around 5.5 to 6 and peeking around 7.5 and the only thing different I am doing is occasionally smoking weed.

my problem is I have started smoking again which is something I don't want to do because that is just going to add to my problems. I started smoking again out of sheer desperation for some sort of relief and someone offered me cannabis. I have found this was dramatically helping my blood sugars and giving me better pain relief than all the meds I am taking, I know you can ingest it by putting it in cakes and stuff like that but that's not going to help me lose weight. I also know it is illegal and I shouldn't be doing it, Is there an alternative available for medical use that will alleviate my problem, and be as effective.

thanks

Reactions: Freema

stayingalive

hi

I have had type 2 diabetes for 10 years plus, over the past three years I have some complications due to high blood sugar levels and been suffering from chronic neuropathic pain in my legs and feet Some days I can hardly walk because it feels like I am walking through lava, I am on a concoction of meds to help control it, but the side effects make me feel tired all the time and going to the toilet all the time

Now with all the meds, I am taking and a strict low carb diet my blood sugars at a low was about 9.5 and peeking around 13 to 14 throughout the day and am still having complications with neuropathic pain.

The advice I have been given is to lower my blood sugar levels and the pain will begin to go. I have been at my lowest because of not being able to sleep at night because of one thing and another and been feeling really depressed because of it

Now until recently, I haven't smoked since I was diagnosed with diabetes which is like over 10 years. I started smoking because someone gave me a joint with marijuana in it, and this seemed to get rid of the pain almost instantly so now I have the occasional joint at night to try and help me sleep.

Now what I have noticed over the past few weeks is my blood sugars appear normal with my lowest around 5.5 to 6 and peeking around 7.5 and the only thing different I am doing is occasionally smoking weed.

my problem is I have started smoking again which is something I don't want to do because that is just going to add to my problems. I started smoking again out of sheer desperation for some sort of relief and someone offered me cannabis. I have found this was dramatically helping my blood sugars and giving me better pain relief than all the meds I am taking, I know you can ingest it by putting it in cakes and stuff like that but that's not going to help me lose weight. I also know it is illegal and I shouldn't be doing it, Is there an alternative available for medical use that will alleviate my problem, and be as effective.

thanks
I wonder if it is to do with smoking reducing your appetite - which it does. If you eat less then your blood sugar will be lower. Are you eating less??

Paul Fennessy

not really no I tend to eat at regular meal times just like before. the only noticeable thing that has changed is smoking the odd joint at night, also getting more rest at night instead of waking up with painful legs and feat. I just feel as though I am exchanging one set of complications for other complications that come with smoking.

MartinGil

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty
Have you thought to try Marijuana tea. You get the attributes without smoking or vaping. There are quite a few 'recipes' if Googled (must be brewed with a small amount of oil). Like yourself, I have found my blood sugars drop by around 20% with just .25gm of marijuana made into a tea. This should be legal!!