Cellnovo

Miffyrascal

Hi. I'm soon to start using a Cellnovo pump. ( I have previously been using the Omnipod. )
I'm interested to hear of any experiences when using the Cellnovo . ( hopefully positive) . I have read previous posts on this and they don't seem very positive .

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
in all honesty dont get it ANY pump is better than this rubbish. It has failures all the time there are weeks that i have it once a day. On a good week i have about 2 faults a week that result into you having to change your pump

Miffyrascal

Oh no. So sorry to hear that. How long have you had it ? What has your Dr/Nurse said about the problems you're having? Will you be able to change pumps or will you be stuck with it? ( I'm worried that's what will happen to me ).
Thanks for being honest with your comments, I'd rather go into this with my wide open!

BeccyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was trying to start on the Cellnovo but my hospital were having issues getting an account set up with them and then I was told there would be a long wait as they were releasing a new handset - in the end I started on the Omnipod rather than wait. I believe the new handset should be available now though so that will hopefully solve some of the issues people have been having.

Can I ask why you decided to change from the Omnipod?

Miffyrascal

Ah well fingers crossed , I really don't want failures as they cause havoc.
It isn't really by choice that I'm changing from the Omni-pod . I'm changing hospitals so it's a case of having to .
Apart from having odd faulty pods & occlusions overall I'm very happy with it .

saruhbeau

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My area no longer supply this pump due to endless problems with it. Sorry I know that's probably not what you want to hear. Is that the only pump they are offering or the only tubeless one? As you're already using omnipod could you not make a special request to continue it?

Miffyrascal

Oh no, the more I look into this pump the more I hear bad reviews , ah well I did ask !
It's the only other tubeless pump I have been offered. I really don't like the idea of not having a tubeless one.
I get on really well with the omni-pod & can forget I even have it attached !
I have already asked about keeping it but unfortunately that's not possible.
I have my appointment next week so I will see what happens & let you know.
Thanks.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Miffyrascal - Guy's and St Thomas' in London will no longer supply the Cellnovo either, and the experience they had with it has really put them off in a number of ways.

Firstly, they'll no longer go to new pump companies without a huge weight of clinical trial and failure data available, due to the high number of issues they experienced, and;

Secondly, they are extremely reticent about patch pumps these days, as a result of the poor performance of Cellnovo, and the higher rate of issues seen with Omnipods compared to non-patch pumps, to the extent that they'll provide an Omnipod if pushed, but really won't recommend them.

That's just my experience from talking to the DSNs and consultants at the pump clinic there.

Miffyrascal

Wow , it's really not looking good.
At least when I go to hospital I can take all this information & see what response I get.
Thanks for the info.

jimbaxter

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
in all honesty dont get it ANY pump is better than this rubbish. It has failures all the time there are weeks that i have it once a day. On a good week i have about 2 faults a week that result into you having to change your pump

I have the same problems and have had the pump about a year, the first 6 months was ok but since they changed IC manufacturers I have now found I spend more time managing my pump then getting on with my life.

I spend a lot of time waiting for a connection to the pump or the Handset to startup and the BG meter will fail to see the test strips a few times a week, usually when I am going hypo. It does seem that pump will go wrong when you really need it the most.

I was considering swing if I can switch to a minimed, I previously had an Animas and the only problem I had with that was that I wanted Cannula needles shorter then 6mm but right now I would take the occasional pain from a longer needle for a reliable pump that just works.

Jim

JCW2011

I was forced to move over to the Cellnovo after having been on the Omnipod for 4 yrs due to my local CCG not supporting this amazing pump. I rarely had any problems with the Omnipod and the proof was in my improved control over the years I was on it. I would give anything to go back on it. However I'm left with the Cellnovo pump that in the last month and a half since I switched has been the Bain of my life!!!!!!! I have daily alarms, spend more time changing some element of it than I do getting on with my life. I was on holiday last week and the week before. Day two of my holiday I ended up in DKA and on a drip for 3 hrs! Not what I'd gone on holiday to do. Holidays are supposed to be stress free! What astounds me is that the local CCGs don't see the long term impact on their costs and patients health. I'm considering going back into insulin injections....it really is that bad! But going back to the insulin pen feels like going back to the dark ages! What's frustrating is there doesn't seem to be anyone or anywhere to go to get help to make this right for all of us!

Battman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi. I'm soon to start using a Cellnovo pump. ( I have previously been using the Omnipod. )
I'm interested to hear of any experiences when using the Cellnovo . ( hopefully positive) . I have read previous posts on this and they don't seem very positive .

Hello, I’ve been on Cellnovo pump since March, it’s very good.

Plummeted my H1abc by 20%!

Eliminating any injections and giving me control of my BG

I self fund a libre meter too so the basal data has loads of data to be analysed and corrected when necessary

Good luck

Andrew

Reactions: Miffyrascal

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
w
Hello, I’ve been on Cellnovo pump since March, it’s very good.

Plummeted my H1abc by 20%!

Eliminating any injections and giving me control of my BG

I self fund a libre meter too so the basal data has loads of data to be analysed and corrected when necessary

Good luck

Andrew
wow you just may be really lucky! :)

JCW2011

I was trying to start on the Cellnovo but my hospital were having issues getting an account set up with them and then I was told there would be a long wait as they were releasing a new handset - in the end I started on the Omnipod rather than wait. I believe the new handset should be available now though so that will hopefully solve some of the issues people have been having.

Can I ask why you decided to change from the Omnipod?

If I were you I'd stick with the Omnipod.....I had so few problems with it during the four years I had it and having been on the Cellnovo for the last 7 weeks I've had daily issues! Honestly the Cellnovo is dangerous!

IceLover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If I were you I'd stick with the Omnipod.....I had so few problems with it during the four years I had it and having been on the Cellnovo for the last 7 weeks I've had daily issues! Honestly the Cellnovo is dangerous!
Its so weird how they are encouraging people to go on this pump even with the known excessive problems! Wouldn't it just cost them more because of all the extra site changes?

Rosco55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
On Cellnovo system as a trial. So far so good... First time on a pump so no experience of other systems. Works for my employment profile and a road /track cyclist. Happy to discuss.

D

Deleted Account

Being very active is often quotes as a reason to "go tubeless".
I am very active (climbing, cycling, gym, swimming, diy, ...) and have an Animas Vibe ...with a tube.
It is very rare for the tube to get in the way and I love that I can remove it.
I always remove it when I swim and often do at the gym.
Alternatively, I just tuck the tube under my clothes and forget about it.

So, if you are put off my Cellnovo by all the reviews and Omnipod is not an option, I would suggest taking a look at a tubey pump.