What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
461ea2530bdad97eb95196d2840372e8.jpg

Forgot to test on waking up but was at 5,7 immediately after 12 km 2 hour morning walk.

Have a great Sunday.

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
9.2 this morning. guess that means a 5-10 mile run on the treadmill some time today.
I asked my DN if she was diabetic herself. She said yes I am. Immediately she went up a notch or two in my estimation as I am convinced that in order to truly understand diabetes you have to be diabetic yourself. I know it has with myself and the way I react with this group of people

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning everyone

Was a little concerned what my BG would be today after the 12.7 reading after my evening Meal yesterday but here goes.

BG @ 1.30 am. 6.0
BG @ 6.30am . 6.7
BG @ 7.40am . 5.8

Tested so many times due to needing the loo during the night, probably because of high reading after last meal at 12.7 .
But considering all this my BG readings don't seem so bad, the 6.30 reading was probably the liver dump? Does anyone have any ideas has to why my readings turned out like this after having such a high reading after my evening meal. And ending with a 5.8 when I'm usually around the 6s and taking more care about what I eat. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
4.7 Now on second lot of antibiotics.

Hi Helen you do seem to be having a rough time of late what's been the problem if you don't mind me asking, but I do hope your second course of antibiotics gives you a better outcome. Wishing you a speedy recovery hope all goes well for you. K

D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning everyone

Was a little concerned what my BG would be today after the 12.7 reading after my evening Meal yesterday but here goes.

BG @ 1.30 am. 6.0
BG @ 6.30am . 6.7
BG @ 7.40am . 5.8

Tested so many times due to needing the loo during the night, probably because of high reading after last meal at 12.7 .
But considering all this my BG readings don't seem so bad, the 6.30 reading was probably the liver dump? Does anyone have any ideas has to why my readings turned out like this after having such a high reading after my evening meal. And ending with a 5.8 when I'm usually around the 6s and taking more care about what I eat. K

It's a bullseye :)

D

Diabeticliberty

9.2 this morning. guess that means a 5-10 mile run on the treadmill some time today.
I asked my DN if she was diabetic herself. She said yes I am. Immediately she went up a notch or two in my estimation as I am convinced that in order to truly understand diabetes you have to be diabetic yourself. I know it has with myself and the way I react with this group of people

Erm........erm.......erm......the thing is you see I am diabetic and know nothing about it. Mind you I run an engineering factory and know nothing about engineering. Hang on a minute? I teach fly fishing and know nada about it. 3 on 3 at least I am consistent. I was gonna go for a job as sex councillor but I'm sure you can guess the rest :p

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.6 today

you'd think we would have had a good sleep after all that painting yesterday....

good points - most of the blue paint splats have washed off (except for the direct hit on my watch), and the walls and ceiling seem to be drying nicely matt. :)

dubious point - dried splats were darker blue than expected from the paint in the pot and the shade card :meh:

potential downsides - Mum hasn't seen it yet (it's an upstairs guest room), and it may need another coat :arghh:

oh well - stuffed chicken for dinner today, and a mocha cream pud. made with real dark chocolate for afters ;)
A fine effort :)

callyandy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
მე მიყვარს ყველა ჩემი hippy ბედნიერი დიაბეტური ყვავილების ძალაუფლების ვარდები და იმედი მაქვს, რომ ისინი მეც მიყვარს. After drinking rather too much whisky last night I have awoken with the mother of all headaches. I think the whisky might have been off. My head has just pounded 3 and a bit times. My blood sugar upon waking was three and a bit. 3.8mmols to be precise. Today I have 24 tarpon flies to construct as I have an order from a client who is going to South America next week fishing for them. I have never fished for tarpon in my life and my only understanding of the flies is that they need to be very big and very bright. Lord help mope and more to the point Lord help him. These things are gonna look rough
I'm sure with your inimitable style they will be fantastic. :joyful:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning all :)

4.6 today

you'd think we would have had a good sleep after all that painting yesterday....

good points - most of the blue paint splats have washed off (except for the direct hit on my watch), and the walls and ceiling seem to be drying nicely matt. :)

dubious point - dried splats were darker blue than expected from the paint in the pot and the shade card :meh:

potential downsides - Mum hasn't seen it yet (it's an upstairs guest room), and it may need another coat :arghh:

oh well - stuffed chicken for dinner today, and a mocha cream pud. made with real dark chocolate for afters ;)
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

D

Diabeticliberty

6.8 this morning.:) My lovely man has a cold and it's turning into a cough, Never good with COPD :grumpy:. I'm keeping a watchful eye:watching:. Have a super Sunday folks

Give him my very best. Tell him to get well really soon and tell him to give his nurse a really hard time :)

Reactions: ziggy_w