Sardines in oil

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Very cool Here is what you eat without problems 100 grams of sardines = 0 carbs and 0 sugar waw
f2020d4b89bc5bf2defb483b49a5eed8.jpg

with tomato
0b846fe3a1da96afbbc4a2634a09a3a7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: rosalindp

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The only thing I would be checking on the can , is not the saturated fat level but the omega 6 level. Sardines have a lot of omega 3 which is great, best not to negate the effect of that by using cans that are sunflower or safflower oil which then means that overall the balance tips in the direction of omega 6.

BrianTheElder

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Snide people
Not quite the perfect food, though. The ratio of protein to fat is too high for me, I prefer things like pate, cheese and salami where the ratio is the other way around. I have problems with my numbers when I have too much daily protein.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Not quite the perfect food, though. The ratio of protein to fat is too high for me, I prefer things like pate, cheese and salami where the ratio is the other way around. I have problems with my numbers when I have too much daily protein.
The bodies are different, man

KetoWolfLady

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I generally have a tin of sardines with the bones in daily for the calcium (I can't eat dairy apart from butter) spread on keto flax bread (also high in calcium). I usually try to get them in brine or olive oil but not everywhere sells those. If they come in tomato sauce I just leave most of it in the can so it's less carbs. I like them mashed with mayo, lime and chilli - delicious!

StevePayne

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not flying.....
Often open a tin, for a snack - but today is a fast day (and now I'm hungry - but only myself to blame for reading about food....:))

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
oooh! I used to LOVE sardines (in tomato sauce) mashed up on brown toast.
Heavenly.
Haven't had it in probably 20 years!

I think I might re-visit that with sardines mashed up on flaxseed crackers...

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2

May I ask which pate you use? The ones I have seen have been a bit too high in carbs for me. Thanks!