Insulin Pumps - The cannula?

Gem_Gems

<font size="3"><font face="Book Antiqua"><font face="Century Gothic"><font color="purple">Can anyone give me any information on the cannula used for the insulin pump. I've always been interested, as I've never seen one on placement and wonder how they work! Any brand names would be ace! Please I'm being nosey!!!!</font id="purple"></font id="Century Gothic"></font id="Book Antiqua"></font id="size3">

Fugs

I got my medtro nic Paradigm 722 on Monday.
Was dreading the canula but it's really easy to put in and you can't feel it.
I was given an infusion set which you put into a little round gizmo. You then pull the bottom of the thing down, decide where you want to put the canula then you press two buttons and it 'fires' the canula into your body. The needle is left in the putter inner thing & it sits in its own little thingy that you fold over & bin.
The canula is very fine.
Apologies for technical language pmsl:D

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

Fugs

Have been into the abyss that is my dining room lol.
The putter inner thing is called a Quick-Serter or an Infusion Set Insertion System.
The cannula is 43in long & 9mm in diameter.

Hope that helps:)

Out of my mind,
Back in 5 minutes

>^..^<

bonerp

mines from roche for the spirit pump, called the tenderlink. You just stick it in but at 45 degs then pull out the needle and it leaves behind the inserted teflon tube. You then peel off the 2 backings parts and stick it down on your skin. Pretty easy.
Think must've put one in too shallow yesterday though as its been really sensitive and painful today so took the ****** out and did another. Still sore in that area. Anyone else had this???

Addy

I use the tenderlink from Roche like bonerp, as said it is inserted at 45 degs, the quicker the better, i find if i insert slowly it can hurt and then needs replacing. I don't think i've ever inserted to shallowly though, a bit deep once but it was okay.

...falling is not the problem, it's when you land...