Carb Counting App

SHESCOOBY

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Liars
Hi is there or anyone found a carb counting app! My friend has a weightwatchers app which list just about every U.K. food, tells you fat, sugar, salt, carbohydrate content etc etc like let's say I wanted 2 rich tea you type it in and it gives you a full break down! Why hasn't Diabetes UK got a similar app for Carbohydrates or have they? I cannot find one!
Thanks
T1 for 34yrs
Kaz
X

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the Nutra Check app. It give counts for calories, fat, carbs, and protein. It gives a few sample weights for each item, but you can enter a different weight too, saves having to work it out yourself. It includes a lot of supermarket products plus basics like cooking ingredients and veggies

Reactions: garryjoshi

Anna1804

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am cutting my carbs down drastically since being diagnosed a fortnight ago.
I just don't know what i should be aiming for, is there a certain amount you should try and keep under ?

Genie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness
I just don't know what i should be aiming for, is there a certain amount you should try and keep under ?
Try to keep under 40 per meal, this will help you lose weight too!!
Jean

Snichy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
And if you do not like the app, here's the web page with all of the good oil on it.

https://www.fatsecret.co.uk/calories-nutrition/

Be wary of using these generic all-in-one websites for nutritional information. Ive found a lot of data is just wrong. For example it stated there are no carbs in a pork sausage, which is just wrong.

Its best to get a general idea of foods (e.g. https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/foods) and read the label before buying and to compare.

Reactions: lorraine95

jillsymes66

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude ignorant people
myfitnesspal is pretty good and if it's not in the database you can add it.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I try to keep under 20g per day! And usually succeed

lou258

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Friend recommended nutracheck calorie counter - haven’t used it loads but seems quite good

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I use OneDrop which is diabetic specific. Obviously you need to be cautious but I've never had any problems.

Reactions: lorraine95

DawnyBlue81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude People! Animal Cruelty
I use a free app on my Samsung phone called Samsung Health. It not only tracks your eating but your excersize and many other thinks like blood sugar, fluid intake, sleep etc You can also set yourself goals. I find it very useful x