Medtronic 640 or Insight?

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
These are my choices. (Animas Vibe had been my choice, so I'm now back to the drawing board researching.)

I'm leaning more towards the Roche Insight pump, but it's so hard as I have read good and bad about both.

Roche customer service is apparently very good. This is going to be my first pump, in a way I wish I had no choice! I'm sure I'll be happy with either!

Insight supporters, I'd appreciate all your good reviews!

Christine

Angusc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
only used Medtronic pumps for last 5 years and had no major problems with the 640g is nice, with the CGM as it can suspend insulin delivery when bm is dropping to towards a set amount or when it drops below what you've set as low it will suspend for max 2 hour or till BM has risen above a set amount which is very good for stopping hypos while asleep; Not had a hypo for 5+ years now with this and used to end up in hospital 6+ times a year before this, Medtronic support has been good for me

Reactions: Picci

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Picci I'd take a look at youtube when making your decision, pumps users upload there which is useful if you want to get to know the look and feel of each. I use the 640g but haven't used anything else, personally I love my pump however the functionality between all of them is similar, so it's really down to what you would consider to be important attributes to what you want.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you juicyj, I have done so much research and watched with interest many YouTube videos, I'm just becoming more indecisive! Sometimes not having a choice is easier! I've reads the pros and cons of both pumps and neither have worrying negative reviews. Thank you for your positive post!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I’ll be honest going from MDI to pump I would be happy with any of them knowing what they can do and how they can benefit your control :)

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Roche are quite limited on their sets.. medtronic arent.

Roche has tinier amounts to be able to increment by which can be quite handy if you have small doses.

Roche have glass vials and are easy peasy to change over.

Roche were down to only supply flex cannulas though and this can be a major draw back to some people like me whonare lean and muscly.

I liked roche though because they had long tubes as I wore pump on my arm. Medtronic tubes were too short. However Roche did have a shortage at one time on the long tubes.

I disliked medtronic pump but that was because I had 2 Roche ones previously and I loved thenremote control aspect. In fact I hated Medtronic as it meant faffing around all the time for bolus's when on Roche I jyst got out the remote and nobodynwas the wiser to what I was doing..

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Picci - I love my Insight & have had it a year & a half. Roche have also been brilliant with orders & once when they replaced my handset the very next day. This has been my 1st experience of a pump so I can't compare it to anything else. Good luck with your decision.

Picci

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Medusa41 I was just reading all of the comments. Thank you for all your great feedback. I've decided to go for the Insight . I feel happier and relieved knowing my decision is now made. Roll on January.