Foot fracture repaired

homer190376

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, I have finally had my Navicular bone fixed by way of donor bone and a plate, i've been told non weight bearing for 6 weeks. I am worried about the recovery time as advised 4-6 months to be fully well.

after two weeks supposedly having a full cast or boot, currently in a half cast due to swelling.

and no good with crutches, and advice would be good as i currently suffer with two frozen shoulders.

Has anyone got any ideas to enhance the recovery? they prescribed me with vitamin D and told to keep my sugars stable.

thank you.

Reactions: SFC164

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, I have finally had my Navicular bone fixed by way of donor bone and a plate, i've been told non weight bearing for 6 weeks. I am worried about the recovery time as advised 4-6 months to be fully well.

after two weeks supposedly having a full cast or boot, currently in a half cast due to swelling.

and no good with crutches, and advice would be good as i currently suffer with two frozen shoulders.

Has anyone got any ideas to enhance the recovery? they prescribed me with vitamin D and told to keep my sugars stable.

thank you.

Hi Homer - I'm not T1, and thankfully haven't had the misfortune of breaking any bones, but my post will bump your thread up the lists for those coming onto the forum this evening.

I hope your healing goes well.

Last edited:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @homer190376 I don't have any specific bone fracture repair advice, except what you have already been told in regards to keeping your blood glucose levels as stable as possible to help the healing process and also to take a calcium supplement as well a vitamin D.