Freestyle Libre Free Shipping Code

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before or is common knowledge but after using the libre for over a year I've just found out that there's a monthly free shipping code. Apparently it can be given out by hospitals but it is also availiable on the Freestyle Libre Users Group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/748445301888935/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf (you have to request to join but it only took half a day).

If I remember I'll try and keep this post updated each month for non facebook users, I may very well not remember though! August 2017's code is: BCCFRDL8

Matt

D

Diabeticliberty

Thank you very much for this. I don't do Facebook so have no access to the free shipping code. Up to now I have always paid for delivery so this is a big help to me. If you are able to post the new code each month it would be fantastic as I do order 2 sensors per month as I use the Libre continuously.

Thank you again,

Geoff

Reactions: Kbarbaracollins_

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
DRAT! Placed an order yesterday.........

But I'll certainly remember to hunt down a code next time - thanks for the heads-up, @staffsmatt !

:)

Bon83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All,

Apologies if this has been mentioned before or is common knowledge but after using the libre for over a year I've just found out that there's a monthly free shipping code. Apparently it can be given out by hospitals but it is also availiable on the Freestyle Libre Users Group on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/748445301888935/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf (you have to request to join but it only took half a day).

If I remember I'll try and keep this post updated each month for non facebook users, I may very well not remember though! August 2017's code is: BCCFRDL8

Matt
Cheers for this just worked :D

Reactions: Antje77

WHM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the tip.
I have e-mailed Abbott to ask why we can't purchase the Libre in high street pharmacies. After all you can buy blood glucose testing strips and meters from them. Also being a pump user I have supplies delivered monthly so it is a pain to have to be at home for another delivery. Also we wouldn't have to pay a delivery charge and could buy a sensor the same day rather than having to wait up to a week. I also think they would see their sales increase if this was done.
Awaiting a reply from Abbott.

Reactions: Kbarbaracollins_
D

Diabeticliberty

Thanks for the tip.
I have e-mailed Abbott to ask why we can't purchase the Libre in high street pharmacies. After all you can buy blood glucose testing strips and meters from them. Also being a pump user I have supplies delivered monthly so it is a pain to have to be at home for another delivery. Also we wouldn't have to pay a delivery charge and could buy a sensor the same day rather than having to wait up to a week. I also think they would see their sales increase if this was done.

With respect I think from previous experience of Abbott Customer Service, you might find hell freezing over before they respond to an email. When I first started using the Libre I emailed them about 4 times and never got a reply to any of my mails. They are however good enough when you ring them. If they come up with an answer either by email or phone I would be really interested to know what they say. I don't wish to be impertinent but if you could post their reply on here I would be really grateful.

WHM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I certainly will if I hear from them! Very frustrating yesterday I tried to order 3 sensors, got an error message and another message to phone the help desk which of course isn't open at the weekend!!
When I did eventually managed to order them later in the day I then had to go through levels of credit card security before eventually managing to place the order!!!

x Carol x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Many thanks for the code. I ordered the starter pack and with the VAT exemption too it came to only £133 :)

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the tip.
I have a feeling Abbott thinks the Freestyle is a much more complex device than a simple glucometer using test strips .It's more invasive and complex and more prone to errors that could lead someone to mistreat themselves with insulin which could be bad news. So it has to be issued by a provider, like a pump. Free shipping is getting to be the norm for online shopping everythere now that Amazon got that going.

D

Diabeticliberty

I have a feeling Abbott thinks the Freestyle is a much more complex device than a simple glucometer using test strips .It's more invasive and complex and more prone to errors that could lead someone to mistreat themselves with insulin which could be bad news.

Funny you should say that. The last half a dozen times I have rang them when my sensors have been spewing out errors one of the first questions that they asked was 'Have you adjusted any or taken any additional insulin doses as a result of the readings from the meter?' They never used to ask this. I am of the strong opinion that the Libre should only ever be considered for general guideline purposes and I would never take the results too seriously. I would certainly never adjust insulin on the basis of the sometimes giddy results the system throws at me. .

Reactions: Bon83

Eldorado

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes.
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm about to order a Freestyle (super excited) but how do I get the VAT amount removed pls?

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Funny you should say that. The last half a dozen times I have rang them when my sensors have been spewing out errors one of the first questions that they asked was 'Have you adjusted any or taken any additional insulin doses as a result of the readings from the meter?' They never used to ask this. I am of the strong opinion that the Libre should only ever be considered for general guideline purposes and I would never take the results too seriously. I would certainly never adjust insulin on the basis of the sometimes giddy results the system throws at me. .

I found this as well, some work really well. I got best results by letting them sit for 48 hours on je until I activated the new one. So I was applying 2 days before the old one was due to finish, had a lot better accuracy from the off found it was more in line with blood sugars, obviously giving the time difference from tests. However I found the info when It was working absolutely priceless and would never of had that with finger pricking, mostly because I would have no finger tips less and I really enjoy sleeping when I go to bed and not waking every hour.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry if this has been asked before but I'm about to order a Freestyle (super excited) but how do I get the VAT amount removed pls?
You should be given an option to declare yourself as diabetic and therefore VAT exempt during the checkout when you place your (first) order on the Freestyle site. There's a form to fill in and this info gets stored with the rest of your customer info, and if I'm remembering correctly, for subsequent orders you just need to tick the exemption option.

Robbity

cassie091

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I ordered a second batch of sensors for the Freestyle Libre a few days ago and had to complete another VAT exemption form. The good news is that it has been approved by the NHS and should be available on prescription from 1 November BUT, there is always a but, it will depend on your health authority so I suppose it is a postcode lottery yet again.
Personally, having used it for 4 weeks I would not want to be without it. I now know what is going on with my blood sugars during the night and also whether they are rising or falling and at what rate. There is very little difference between the sensor reading and the blood test (less than 1m/mol) but I still have to test blood when I am driving. Brilliant invention. Just wish it vibrated or bleeped when my blood sugars are getting dangerously low.

staffsmatt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe the code for October is BCCFRD10 (thats one zero on the end) I would imagine that next month it will be BCCFRD11 (one one on the end).

Matt

Reactions: nmb264 and Ledzeptt