What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning everyone how are you all? My bg this morning was 4.2 :):):)

Good morning Jodie, I am very pleased to be getting ready for work. I really just wanna go back to bed. It's not fair and I think I might sulk all day. Hope you are in your usual fine form?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...haven't posted here for over a year...(it's a long story)...looking back my last post was as a newly diagnosed T2...woke to a 5.9 which is a little on the high side for me.. however...in view of recent events...I'll take that.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oooooooerrrrrrrrr missus!!!!!!!!!!

It's not high as in sky's the limit high. At mid sevens you can of course bring it back under your iron claw. Happy swimming. Have a belting Thursday :)

I know I can get it back under control. Seems I relaxed for August holiday ... that continued into September... then it’s my birthday in October ... ooops! Must try harder :) aiming for sub 40g carbs per day - been more like 100g plus recently

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does missing a single tablet affect you much?

It’s my whole dose of 2 x 850mg I missed , I take my whole dose in the morning because if I take it later in the day I have to run to the toilet many times during the night and then my sleep it totally ruined ... it is only 0.4 mmol higher than the last days sometimes it differs with around 1.2 mmol if I forget it so not that bad actually

D

Diabeticliberty

Morning...haven't posted here for over a year...(it's a long story)...looking back my last post was as a newly diagnosed T2...woke to a 5.9 which is a little on the high side for me.. however...in view of recent events...I'll take that.

Oh my giddy aunt Doris. It is great to see you here. It is so much better than other places. Let's get drunk and fool around :p

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my giddy aunt Doris. It is great to see you here. It is so much better than other places. Let's get drunk and fool around :p
DL..good to see you here too...TBH honest I have no desire to think about the 'other place'...possibly a bit 'forumed out' at the moment...we shall see...will have to take a rain check on the alcohol/fooling round...at my age have to take life at a steadier pace...so yes...that is a no for now (very Father Ted);).

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7mmols is a fine result. I would be more than happy with it as would 99.99999999999999% of the rest of the diabetic world. Don't be hard on yourself :)

You are right and I feel a bit guilty about complaining. It is just that I would like to keep my blood sugars in the non-diabetic range and in Germany fasting blood sugars of 103 mg/dl (5.7 mmol) would be considered prediabetic.

Then again, I am not that concerned as I know that blood sugars will decrease later in the day and I will end up with levels under 90 (5.0 mmol). Ultimately, though, I see this as an opportunity to learn how my body reacts to food and exercise or lack thereof.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG of [email protected] That is passable considering I am working away from home and hotel food is much more difficult to control. Think it was their fish pie last night. Tasty but a little too much potato for my liking. Passed my favourite though - Sticky Toffee Pudding

Hi Ymdawd
Don't know if I could have walked away from sticky toffee pudding,
Your BG considering your eating out is great I'm not you but I would be happy with the 6.2 in your shoes!K

Reactions: Diabeticliberty

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
It was 7.3 @ 8.05am today

Hi heavyd how are you I see Your maintaining an in range BG level I've recently lowered my carbs and protein to help with diabetes and this awful gout problem. It seems to be working with both so I will try and keep to it and see how things go. Keep up your good work it's BG levels and see if you could lower the carbs a little to see if this helps. K

Reactions: ziggy_w and heavyd