Update

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all,

I was just pulling off reports from my meter and thought I'd share a small victory. The two pictures show my levels from August/Sept and my levels Sept/Oct. Still a way to go but the difference from just cutting carbs is amazing.

Onwards!

S

Chart 1.jpg Chart 2.jpg

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Well done - thats wonderful!

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still a way to go but the difference from just cutting carbs is amazing.

Noting that you are on Glicazide plus SGLT2, these are strong medication that increases insulin production and removes excess glucose via the kidney. Do be watchful of the risks of hypoglycemic events and ketoacidosis. Carbs reduction may require corresponding/matching changes in the dosage of your medication. Do discuss any carbs reduction in advance with your HCP. It should be done cautiously.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done, just do more of what you have been doing, your results are clearly going in the correct direction.

I expect your doctor will want to decrease your dose of Glicazide soon, so show he/her your BG readings. If you don't know what to do about Hypos, this is the time to find out, and always keep something that is high in sugar with your encase your BG does too low (below 4 and not "feeling right". but should eat if below 5 and going to drive)

(If it was me, soon as it is common for before meal to be below 6 I would be pushing my doctor to reduce Glicazide dose.)

seanj67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks all, its rare for my BG to drop below about 6, but I do keep an eye on it. It's still early days realistically for me and low carb/fasting but as I ramp it up I will be careful. I don't think my meds will change until I get longer term control - baring in mind those numbers are with medication. My DN did once say I could drop my dosage on my own if I saw good numbers. Basically take one gliclazide at night instead of 2 and see where I was. Strangely a few times I've forgotten to take meds my numbers were not really much higher.

My review isn't more a couple of months so that gives me time to get a decent HbA1c in the bag. :)

S