Travel insurance - what's the point??

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
stephenT2 said:
providing I accept that my diabetes won't be covered, which is just fine!!

mmm... what's the catch :twisted:

The catch could be that anything deemed to be diabetes related could also be exempt, heart attack or stroke for example, who's to say what caused it?

You stand on a sea urchin and your foot gets infected, would the diabetes thing get in the way of paying for hospital treatment if your diabetes made healing a problem?

How about a couple of weeks in Margate?

stephenT2

the catch is, if someone steals your bag with your insulin in it you're screwed! :twisted:

Actually, you're not. Your Ehic card will cover a repeat prescription - I know that for a fact as I've had to use that facility.

medhitec

I am just booking a trip to Singapore,Australia,New Zealand,Hawaii,Canada and back home, in total 107 days. the cheapest quote( the only one willing to cover) is nearly £1000.00.
Does anyone know any alternative to Flexicover.

stephenT2

Hi There,

The last time I used insurance, after loads of searching around for a deal (!), I stumbled across a company called 'free spirit'.

Here's a link. Link romeved-Google Company name.

Have a great trip - sounds wonderful!!

DavidR

Try M&S. I used them for cover to Canada this summer and they only (!!!) charged me twice as much as my (non-diabetic) wife.

Hazza

I have just booked insurance for a trip to Goa in February. 16 days cover for me and my wife costs £67, my diabetic daughter goes free and we declared her condition.
It is bound to go up as she gets older I suppose but for now we are enjoying the ride.
I would never travel without insurance even if we never use it.

Harry

deepesh2002

I think you did a great mistake by not taking (Advertising link removed) Travel insurance for own security and for own benefits which you should have consider. Accident which occur during travel will be cover by the insurance.