Some ways to enjoy low carbing

Wshelledy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
So I was diagnosed in Aug. I found this website which helped me to figure out how to adapt to my new situation. Many people suggested the low carb approach and that is working for me. I really want to thank everybody. Not just those that have responded but to everyone who posts. There is so much helpful information here. I went from an A1c of 11.9 to 7.3 in 6 weeks. I get my next results in about 2 weeks but if my meter is any indication I expect the next one to be below 6. My 30 day avg is 97. So to try and 'pay it forward' I thought I would share some things. At first it was a struggle to stay low carb but I have found some recipes that have helped immensely. Hope they help others too!

One is for low carb blueberry muffins. At only 4g carbs it gives me a grab and go option for breakfast. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...bCTMQFggyMAI&usg=AOvVaw1yfG0Wr-vb7Cj3-FLcv5dm

Another recipe is for mozzerella, garlic knots. These only have 2g carbs and have been a life saver. I use them often at lunch and dinner. https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/low-carb-garlic-parmesan-knots/

The most recent recipe I've tried is a low carb yeast bread. There are only 4g carbs per slice. This makes lunch on the go so much easier since it means I can make a sandwich again.http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/world-famous-low-carb-bread-60594

It takes some more work than it used to since before I just put bread in my shopping cart. But its so worth the effort since I have more options these days. All are quite tasty. Even my family has taken to eating the low carb lifestyle with little fuss!

Reactions: Snapsy

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
thank you so much for posting!
and well done on that massive HbA1c improvement :D very impressive!

and those recipes are going on my list...

Reactions: Wshelledy

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh hello! I like the look of those garlic Parmesan knots..

Rintintin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, that's a wonderful achievement for you and inspiration for others who are starting out.
I've just discovered the All day I dream about Food website too and will definitely be trying out the garlic and Parmesan things. This weekend I made the chocolate cupcakes with coconut flour off the site and tried them out on unsuspecting visitors, no one had a clue that they were lower carb and it was a real treat for me to be able to eat cake with others rather than have to abstain from the sweet stuff again!

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant results, @Wshelledy, and a wonderful achievement. Well done. I keep my fingers crossed that your next set of results will be below 6%. Thanks for the links to the recipes.