Hellooo im Soph

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Soo i am new to anyrhing like this, was diagnosed at 15 with T1 i am now 30 was never the best diabetic as i felt ashamed and didnt want to be different, i work as a nurse and sorted my act out..however i did it to fast and got my hba1c from 123 to 63 in 3 months and as a result i have had lazer after lazer and injections to help with retinopathy my sight is bad but luckily i can still read ect at ine point i couldnt see my own face! So im lucky in that respect...however i do feel lime my life is over and i have nothing to look forward to, i just feel like pwolle dont u derstand, my work is terrible i had a bad hypo 1.8 and it took 30mins for someone to notice tgey thought i was drunk!! Sorry for the rant just i feel a bit alone...or i get my husbands brothers got t2 diabetes so i know how you feel...really dont, just wondering if anyone else has felt like this? X

Reactions: himtoo

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello and welcome,

What a ghastly time you are having.

I hope some T1s will be along soon to offer you some support.

Reactions: Soapybubs87

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you, i try to think that there are worse people out there but cant help but think why me as well, hopefully i will make some friends on here x

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
welcome to the forum, sometimes you can be in a dark place and cant see the light but you are doing really well by getting a handle on your HB1, unfortunately it can effect your sight but again you have done the right thing by getting treatment. All I can say is you are doing well and doing all the right things at the moment. just keep going.
Well done you.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Soapybubs87 . Welcome to the forum.
Firstly I believe that NO one understands T1 diabetes like a diabetic. The demands it makes on us 24/7 is unique to us.
You're young and now is the time to move forward. Start to regain control as you now you can and are doing currently.
Look forward to tomorrow. You'll be here, and they'll always be someone here to help and encourage you.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Soapybubs87

Welcome to the forum :) There's nothing quite like the support and understanding from other T1s.

I had quite a lot of laser back in the 90s but have been stable over the last 20 years, so life is definitely not over for me (T1 for 45 years) and it sounds like you are otherwise doing well. As long as you stay on top of things from here, there's every chance things can stabilise.

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@robert72 can i ask did the lazer affect your ability to be allowed to drive? I dont currently drive myself but just curious as to whether dvla would not allow at all

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@robert72 can i ask did the lazer affect your ability to be allowed to drive? I dont currently drive myself but just curious as to whether dvla would not allow at all
Hi Soph - no not at all, just that I have lost some peripheral vision and have to take a visual field test every three years for the DVLA.

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh really thats good news, i thought id never be allowed to drive...hopefully something to look forwad to maybe
As long as you can pass the DVLA visual requirements, even if you need glasses, you should be good.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A warm welcome here @Soapybubs87. Seems like you've been having some tough times and I hope you find some support from the knowledgeable members here.

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
haha -- already said hello in another post -- but we have to stick together -- so here is another warm welcome to you @Soapybubs87
I have had laser in 2002 and again in 2012 -- I am still driving ( on a 3 year provisional )

do keep trying to get your licence back !!!!!

Soapybubs87

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
haha -- already said hello in another post -- but we have to stick together -- so here is another warm welcome to you @Soapybubs87
I have had laser in 2002 and again in 2012 -- I am still driving ( on a 3 year provisional )

do keep trying to get your licence back !!!!!
I know i tried to delete one of my posts but didnt know how! But hello again haha