Diabetic Craft Club

S

Sable_Jan

The sewing machine part has arrived
f69ef2b5a12b45ed65b863c2e33ff113.jpg
36ce81b3a9f4bc1a4f2e2d142bcb9c56.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

Just off to have a little play in my craft room. Should be working really.
Just been having a craft hour myself. 2 headcollars for my young neighbour's quickly growing husky pup.... I've done two cos I don't know if she walks him on the left or right..... and she wasn't in when I called by.
Just having a brew before I do dogs teas...be walking Nina in the dark again... but it's only my second today....I've just forgotten...

S

Sable_Jan

It's nice all the same
She included that plus a sample of some one colour embroidery stitches....very pretty. Still waiting for second half of delivery. She must've put power cable in other box...so can't try it yet. Mind you power has just gone down for routine maintenance for hour and a half. .... so can do little of anything now...just eating my dinner

S

Sable_Jan

It's arrived, it's arrived.... mentally jumping up and down with glee....made a brew for while I peruse contents of box otherwise I'll get lost in my own little world and realise several hours from now why I'm thirsty

S

Sable_Jan

Decided I needed to finish the dig beds I was making first. To hold the inner pads in place when being washed, rather than having a removable cover, I decided on a line of fancy stitch with my other machine using embroidery thread. It stitched about 2/3 and then started mangling up underneath....rethreaded bottom...no joy, rethreaded top then needle wouldn't thread so decided it was telling me enough for the night...
e78d5c9f8238196d57fb3ea5dd1a3820.jpg

Think it look really nice too.... I'll tackle it again after dinner

S

Sable_Jan

808e7cd47eda5a7dc19cb657c9b389e4.jpg
57f4fc317bf3d041f99eb82f8b06ef92.jpg

My first foray.... haven't snipped the loose threads between letters.
Found out last night that my machine can only take designs from a card..... I've got two with the machine but rare as hens teeth

S

Sable_Jan

1298bad512bde53a6e99adea65aa6730.jpg

Only practice so far... found some old hankies that are proving good for practice purposes. I need to learn about positioning better....
cbdc2e851bd585ac817e04c765383d56.jpg

As you can see it was neither central nor corner...

C

Cojaluma_

1298bad512bde53a6e99adea65aa6730.jpg

Only practice so far... found some old hankies that are proving good for practice purposes. I need to learn about positioning better....
cbdc2e851bd585ac817e04c765383d56.jpg

As you can see it was neither central nor corner...

Wow, they're great Jan. Very good for your practice run.

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Wow, they're great Jan. Very good for your practice run.

Thanks Cojaluma
It's so easy to use ... it's computerised so it's just a matter of setting it all, putting fabric in the hoop and changing the thread when it stops .... I did have to change the underneath thread which was a bit fiddly ... but managed it...

C

Cojaluma_

Thanks Cojaluma
It's so easy to use ... it's computerised so it's just a matter of setting it all, putting fabric in the hoop and changing the thread when it stops .... I did have to change the underneath thread which was a bit fiddly ... but managed it...
Sounds like even I could do it.
I did see the felting machines you mentioned. When I have a spare few mins I’m going to look on you tube for any videos on how to use it and if it can be used for what I do

Reactions: Sable_Jan
S

Sable_Jan

Sounds like even I could do it.
I did see the felting machines you mentioned. When I have a spare few mins I’m going to look on you tube for any videos on how to use it and if it can be used for what I do
Glad you found them....
I'm sure you could.