What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Vhm1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Breakfast/lunch: 2 hard boil eggs and a few of the last of the garden tomatoes.

Supper: A salad with mixed greens, more tomato, and rotisserie chicken. Water. For a treat I had a bakery ghost Halloween cookie and a cup of decaf after supper. Watching the #s and dosing accordingly.

Happy Halloween to all.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi y'all. Didn't feel well yesterday due to waking up with high blood sugars (for me) yesterday. This kind of put a damper on the whole day.

So, now I have a bit of catching up to do.

Monday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One wiener sausage.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Two pecan nuts and two pieces of 85% chocolate.

Late dinner: Swiss chard, eggplant and onions fried in olive oil, garlic, sambal oelek and ginger, seven prawns, and half a low-carb roll with butter. Desert: Homemade chocolate mousse with whipped cream. One glass of red wine.

After this, I fell asleep on the sofa and exercised for half an hour at 5 p.m. and went back to sleep until 8 a.m.

So, don't really know why I woke up with the highest fasting blood sugars I have ever seen since starting to measure one year ago.

Reactions: maglil55

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One half low-carb roll with butter.

Lunch: One whole low-carb roll with mayonnaise and Northsea shrimp.

Dinner: Spent about two hours in the kitchen preparing a quiche in a low-carb crust containing red beets roasted with olive oil, salt and bit of xylitol, red onions fried with a bit of balsamic vinegar, Camenbert and fried sage. A glass of white wine. I really enjoyed this.

Yesterday, I had dinner a bit earlier and exercise half an hour after eating. This morning's blood sugars were back to normal.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi.

Still fasting. No breakfast or lunch.

Dinner was a supermarket bought GBK branded burger (no bun) topped with a slice of smoked German cheese with broccoli followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Breakfast coffee glass water
Lunch smoked bacon on M&S bread cup tea glass water
Evening meal beef casserole with lots of veg in it cabbage leeks carrots, and 3 small potatoes cup tea glass water
Small portion of raspberries and blueberries with what was left of Creme fraise made up with elmlee single cream
Supper will be a fruit tea K

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 FBG 6.4. Still eating once a day. Brother did get out of hospital on Monday and I'm feeding him too but he only wants to eat once a day too!
B. Nothing
L. Nothing
D. Leftovers from yesterday - 2 chicken drumsticks with the creamy mustard sauce, better than potato cauliflower mash. Aubergine parmigana. Chia Pudding and 6 raspberries.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 -- It is good to hear that your brother is home from hospital. How is he doing?

Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One slice of the red beet-camenbert-sage quiche.

Lunch: Two more slices of the quiche, home-made low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream.

Early dinner: A low-carb roll with mayonnaise, avocado and Gouda. A glass of very dry white wine

Late dinner: Five prawns with Swiss chard, onions and eggplant.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 -- It is good to hear that your brother is home from hospital. How is he doing?

Wednesday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One slice of the red beet-camenbert-sage quiche.

Lunch: Two more slices of the quiche, home-made low-carb chocolate mousse with whipped cream.

Early dinner: A low-carb roll with mayonnaise, avocado and Gouda. A glass of very dry white wine

Late dinner: Five prawns with Swiss chard, onions and eggplant.
He"s very spotty and desperate to shave (but not allowed to because of the spots). I was laughing at the grandsons as they were offering advice on the spots as they had chicken pox last year. Otherwise he is doing fine and glad to get a decent cup of coffee and tea again. How do hospitals manage to make tea and coffee taste so bad

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He"s very spotty and desperate to shave (but not allowed to because of the spots). I was laughing at the grandsons as they were offering advice on the spots as they had chicken pox last year. Otherwise he is doing fine and glad to get a decent cup of coffee and tea again. How do hospitals manage to make tea and coffee taste so bad

Hi @maglil55,

It sounds as if he is on the mend. I am sure he will improve quickly now that he is out of the hospital, can enjoy much better food and be around your family.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My turn to feel a bit 'off' - bed 5.4 FBG was 6.5. Highest today so far was 6.9. Had to eat something as I felt terrible and my BGs were dropping into the 3's.
B/L slice of Hovis lower carb seeded with lurpack. 2 scrambled eggs and 2 bits grilled streaky bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. Grilled trout fillet with roasted butternut squash and green beans.
2 bits Lindt 90% and the last of the chia pudding and fresh raspberries.
Feeling a bit better now I've eaten but still feel really tired.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still fasting and not so hungry during the day today. Aim to keep fasting until the end of Sunday - that will make it 2 full weeks of one meal a day (think I said on another thread that Friday would be 2 weeks, but had miscalculated). Trying to give my weight loss another shove but will eat more once the 2 weeks are up, to try and stop my body getting used to one way of doing things - thanks @Chook for the idea.

So no breakfast or lunch. Dinner was courgette bake (fried courgettes layered with fresh tomato and onion sauce and mozzarella), with sides of broccoli and bacon. Dessert was a few raspberries and cream.

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thursday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Two slices of the red beet-camenbert-sage quiche.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Two squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: Two slices of the quiche, about 100g of lamb and Swiss chard fried with onion, eggplant, garlic, sambal oelek, red curry paste and ginger.

Swissgirl

90dc2f9e00e3bce297ddc8db2858fb03.jpg

I just wanted to show you my dinner, it was jummy. :)
My low carb burger version with some potatos and salad.

Reactions: heh and Chook

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening. Still fasting. No breakfast or lunch.

Definitely ready to eat - down to 3.7 before dinner (though strangely was not overly hungry). Dinner was 2 of the M&S chicken souvlaki kebab skewers with a side of cauliflower cheese. Dessert was a small portion of chocolate chia pudding with cream. Yum.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening. Still fasting. No breakfast or lunch.

Definitely ready to eat - down to 3.7 before dinner (though strangely was not overly hungry). Dinner was 2 of the M&S chicken souvlaki kebab skewers with a side of cauliflower cheese. Dessert was a small portion of chocolate chia pudding with cream. Yum.
I'm out of chia pudding again. Got more coconut milk tonight so will get it on the go.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday:
B: Paleo porridge
L: homemade coronation chicken in coconut paleo wraps, with salad
D: not really hungry til late, so just had half a dozen chorizo crisps dipped in guacamole

Today:
B: coffeesubstitue with cream
L: forgot, then had one wrap (they have about a tablespoon of corry chick in, so they aren't huge)
D: pork shoulder steak grilled with med veg and chipotle and smoked paprika paste, followed by one small blob of Haagen Daaz vanilla icecream.

I'm having a lie in tomorrow. Can't wait!

Last edited: