What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. 7.8 today at 7.45am. Woke in a lot of pain and feeling a little anxious about a biopsy test next week. Busy day ahead volunteering at a local luncheon club for the elderly including clearing/ cleaning up afterwards. Hubby and I have a meat and veg meal there too ( no pudding) so no cooking needed when I get home later! Enjoy your Thursday one and all. :)

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 7.8 after having a mug of tea - should I have done it before tea? New to all this .

Try to test as soon as you are awake for an accurate FBG - some people even do it before getting out of bed, I keep my testing kit in bathroom and test just after getting up.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
10.2 very disappointing
I have been going low carb for nearly a week and no improvement, and I also started on Trulicity injections a week ago so had hoped for a bit more.

Just give it time. I’d say after 2/3 weeks of low carbing you should see a reduction. If I have a carb fest (burger and chips on Tuesday :arghh:) it will take me 4/5 days to return to normal levels.

Keep going!

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
All a bit of a struggle this morning.

Best thing I can say about my 5km walk is that it's done now. I was short of breath and low on energy throughout. Still the counter keeps ticking along until the time I feel better able to kick on.

Morning sugars not much better at 6,9. Partly the direct effect of my cold but mostly I have to admit the result of me using the cold as an excuse to be less careful about what I eat. I need to snap out of this.

On a more cheerful note, I loved the bright colors of these flowers on a roadside bush, this morning

d5594cee0246d2f3e513e5c43a8d1a7a.jpg

@pavlosn You really are in a bit of a state at the moment and it's easy to say but hard to do but you mustn't let it get to you or it will be harder to come back from, colds at best of time make us all feel miserable lack energy and feel has you do a bit dreadful. It's another diabetic blips we seem to get from time to time and I'm sure you will be back to your healthy self again soon. And your walks and photos you take and help and support on here will all help you into feeling well. We all wish you a speedy recovery and hope to be seeing you back to your cheery self very soon. K
What magnificent colours in all the flowers on Cyprus your photos should be seen with a wider ordinance they would make a beautiful collection for books, calendars etc. K

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
I hope you are not overdoing things, pavlosn. Your sugars are still in range. Take good care of yourself.:) The flowers are beautiful!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OUCH!!!!!!!! You certainly know how to deliver a strategic kick, right in the family jewels :greedy:
DL...you can protect the family jewels...ensure good coverage...insurance policies are available for any precious object/s...quotes would of course be dependent on the value of the jewels in question...account would taken of the quality...scarcity & dimensions of the goods in question...I'm sure you'll measure up to any such scrutiny.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
10.2 very disappointing
I have been going low carb for nearly a week and no improvement, and I also started on Trulicity injections a week ago so had hoped for a bit more.
Billy our waking blood sugars are often the last to come down...if its been a long time since your last meal (overnight) your liver which stores glycogen (glucose) can release that in the early hours before you wake... a quick burst of energy to get you ready for the day ahead (some call it liver dumping/dawn phenomenon)...I wouldn't worry about that too much yet...concentrate on your day time levels...give yourself some time...important not to rush...you need to find a routine that is sustainable long term...first week of low carb won't show a huge difference...that should become apparent in the next few weeks...I had similar issues...now just before bed I sometimes have a small snack... make sure I have some energy in reserve.to combat 'liver dump'...won't work for everyone...but...working for me...good luck.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. 5.7 today.Have 2 grandchildren today, so may never post again.
Have a great day everyone.
KOT...if there's no sign of you here tomorrow...do we need to alert the authorities?...I'm sure you'll come through today unscathed...mind you...had two nine year olds for a whole week not so long ago...after they went home...couldn't decide if I was in need of counselling...or alcohol:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:.