Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Has anyone tried these? I like the crispy seaweed from the Chinese restaurant but am not sure if these 'crisps' will taste nice but as a low carb treat I'd thought I'd ask before I buy. Thanks folks.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
.I'll have to try these. thanks I love samphire and seaweed. I'll see if I can get some tomorrow and update when I've sampled them

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Assuming they are the same ones, @catapillar linked to, I tried them a few months ago. Like many things there were pros and cons to them.

On the upside, they deliver a kick of Wasabi, and are salty; both of which I like.

On the downside they are tissue paper thin, so have no substance, so on that basis, they're nothing like a crisp, if that's what you might have been imagining.

In the end, I ate the last little pack to get them out of the way.

I know that's hardly encouraging for you, but for me, they were a bit, "so what".

Since I discovered I could make chorizo crisps, I haven't looked back, if I want just a few "crisps", or something to scoop up a dip, with drinks. To be fair, I rarely snack.

Reactions: Guzzler

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Thanks folks.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure I like the sound of these :yuck:
I make these cheese crisps, I use a mix of seriously strong cheddar and Parmesan :hungry:
https://lowcarbyum.com/easy-parmesan-crisps/
I think we may also have instructions on the forum for doing these in a microwave, which is how I make mine. I also sometimes add a sprinkle of golden flax seed, and I believe someone used to add chili flakes or similar to make them a bit more zingy...

Robbity

Reactions: Rachox

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been buying them occasionally from Amazon.
I like the wasabi ones. Not so much the sweet soy.
Incredibly low cal, and really just little whisps like tissue paper, but I quite enjoy them to fill in need for nibbling when I'm neither hungry or needing fuel.