Think i have answer to sudden high sugar

Jen74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been really struggling to control bms waking with fasting between 16 and 23, sugar daytime not been below 20 in over 3 wks, even when no oral intake for 14 hours one day except water sugar was still 19, am currently on methotrexate n was advised everything would be ok but found numerous articles linking methotrexate use with high blood sugar and also articles on how it can damage the beta cells of pancreas, worried now as urine full of glucose ketones protein and blood, got review tomorrow so will beg for a c peptide test hopefully they do it. Symptoms awful headaches, blurred vision, dry mouth, thrush and newest one numb tingling fingers started today, getting worried now

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Methotrexate has a lot to answer to, in many ways.

Good that you have a review tomorrow. Write all your worries and questions down beforehand and make sure you get your answers. It may help if you took someone with you as 4 ears are better than 2 in these situations.

I hope something is sorted for you.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Been really struggling to control bms waking with fasting between 16 and 23, sugar daytime not been below 20 in over 3 wks, even when no oral intake for 14 hours one day except water sugar was still 19, am currently on methotrexate n was advised everything would be ok but found numerous articles linking methotrexate use with high blood sugar and also articles on how it can damage the beta cells of pancreas, worried now as urine full of glucose ketones protein and blood, got review tomorrow so will beg for a c peptide test hopefully they do it. Symptoms awful headaches, blurred vision, dry mouth, thrush and newest one numb tingling fingers started today, getting worried now

how many grams of carbs do you eat in a day in total ?

Jen74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Methotrexate has a lot to answer to, in many ways.

Good that you have a review tomorrow. Write all your worries and questions down beforehand and make sure you get your answers. It may help if you took someone with you as 4 ears are better than 2 in these situations.

I hope something is sorted for you.
I hope so they dont tend to listen to u just issue their ideas n orders, i just hope they do the c peptide as i have a genuine concern that i am not producing very much insulin

Jen74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
how many grams of carbs do you eat in a day in total ?
I never eat befire 2 in afternoon as not a morning eater, n it Depends most days i have two slices of toast but even wholemeal spikes, i have cut out a lot i used to eat that was bad, i only drink sugar free water or tea with milk, main meals i make sure it only very small portion potatoes, usually meals are chicken or fish as dont like meat, i do occasionally have small portion of pasta maybe once or twice a month as i love pasta

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope so they dont tend to listen to u just issue their ideas n orders, i just hope they do the c peptide as i have a genuine concern that i am not producing very much insulin

You need to stand your ground, and having someone with you will help with this. Good luck.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I never eat befire 2 in afternoon as not a morning eater, n it Depends most days i have two slices of toast but even wholemeal spikes, i have cut out a lot i used to eat that was bad, i only drink sugar free water or tea with milk, main meals i make sure it only very small portion potatoes, usually meals are chicken or fish as dont like meat, i do occasionally have small portion of pasta maybe once or twice a month as i love pasta

try to go under 150 grams of carbs in total in a day, you could substitute your toast with LIDL´s protein rolls

Jen74

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
try to go under 150 grams of carbs in total in a day, you could substitute your toast with LIDL´s protein rolls
Ye 8ll try them i really love pasta what can i substitute that with?

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ye 8ll try them i really love pasta what can i substitute that with?

actually there is something called zero calories noodles.They are mad from some kind of japanes sea-sponge and they are healthy actually, they can also be used if one wants to lose some weight they taste alright not of much I find, but they can be hard to find in an ordinary shop here is a link to a GB webshop that sells them :

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/zero-noodles-gluten-free-noodles-60003907

and then there is the very healthy and also well tasting zuchinni-noodles where one make the noodles out of zuchinnies and I am very fond of this kind of noodles myself
you can buy a spiraliser that make it fast to make them..

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Vege..._jfuq4bto3qcp3hn_img?_encoding=UTF8&s=kitchen

. and there really is so little carbs and calories in zuchini , and they taste great also with pestoes and parmasan cheese and other kinds of cheese try to make this for yourself and I tell you you will be in love with this kind of pasta...
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/233453/low-carb-zucchini-pasta/

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
cauliflower with cheese topping is also one of my favorites, just boil the whole cauliflower 8 minutes put it in a tray and cover it with cheese slices and put it in the very hot owen for 10-15 minutes (keep an eye on it )