Enough of denial

batgirl2708

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So.. well.. um.. yeh.. I was diagnosed t2 about 2 months ago and other than 'trying' to cut down on sugar (very unsuccessfully) I have decided to take control and use the holiday I have booked next year as inspiration to get healthy and lower these sugar levels. I am going low carb so fingers crossed this will work. I have another hba1c test next month so I am recording everything from these next few weeks to show the nurse who hopefully will see that I have been trying. Spend hours reading through these posts on here and learning so much thank u all xx

batgirl2708

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
First off testing before and after meal.. already learnt I can not eat noodles 6.6 up to 11.2 oops x

smw99

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Testing before and after meals is a great way to learn what you can eat. So much great advice and support on this Forum.

Reactions: batgirl2708

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's a good move, it's called Eating to your meter, and is very effective.
Low carb is perfect for me. I'm never hungry and feel so much better. . I love the success stories here: http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/low-carb-success-stories.3763/page-24
Are you on any medication ? It's up to you how low you go, but if you're on insulin or glicazide you need to be careful of your BG going too low. You may need to consult with GP or DN to reduce any meds if that happens.

daisyduck

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
By the way . I actually prefer spiralized courgette to noodles now and that has very little effect on my BG. :)

Reactions: batgirl2708

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Low carbing has worked very well for me, I hope you’re successful too. If the noodles were in a stir fry, I just use bean sprouts instead :hungry: