Lymphocytosis, awaiting hematology appointment

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well still here and lurking 3 and a bit years after diagnosis. Still diet controlled and apparently doing ok. Following the bi-annual blood tests I was found to have a raised WBC and lymphocyte count. Repeat test and still raised (looking back over the last few years its been up and down quite a bit but is persisting now) Had a barrage of blood tests for all sorts of stuff, all but the cell markers were clear. I have 'some abnormal cell markers' which explains the WBC/lymphocytes and have now been referred to a haematologist. Try as I might I cant find any info re cell markers that DOESNT imply cancer. Anyone got any knowledge or experience to share, help me through the worrying/waiting till my appt?

Thanks in advance gals n guys :)

Shelly x

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Update:
Doctor rang me today and said I have lymphoproliferatative disease. Try as I might I cant find any simple/non serious causes for this, so looks like fingernails will be a thing of the past until I get to know :(

Thanks for the hugs x

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Having used my detective skills, got a print out of the results, looked up the code on the results, it looks like I have a diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia waiting for me :(

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Fingers crossed that your detective skills are rubbish and that at worst you have treatable condition. All the best, lass.

Reactions: shellysexbomb

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Having used my detective skills, got a print out of the results, looked up the code on the results, it looks like I have a diagnosis of chronic lymphocytic leukaemia waiting for me :(
Hope you get your answers soon. Just would mention, though that I have had a similar concern about myeoproliferative blood disorder. They range from mild to life threatening. / teminal illness, (CLL). I was warned not to read up about them before all tests, biopsies, etc were completed, as it could scare the wits out of me. I read. It did scare me. Following all tests I discovered I have a less threatening version, but 1 in 3 chance it could progress. That gives 2 in 3 it won't.

What I am trying to say, @shellysexbomb is that I understand your angst, and wish you well. It is possible that bad news would have been delivered sooner than the wait you have had. Hope so.

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seen the haematologist last friday and there were abnormalities when listening to my chest and I have a lump in my neck. Bone marrow biopsy and ct scan to follow. Safe to say I am absolutely bricking it for the bmb :'(

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and am awaiting a ct scan so that I can get a definitive diagnosis :(

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I had a bone marrow biopsy yesterday and am awaiting a ct scan so that I can get a definitive diagnosis :(
Is the worse thing the waiting for a diagnosis?
I always think it better to know and understand what it is you are facing, so you can draw up battle plans.
Hope you are sorted soon.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I so wish we had a fingers crossed emoticon here.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you. It's a horrid time for you.

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is the worse thing the waiting for a diagnosis?
I always think it better to know and understand what it is you are facing, so you can draw up battle plans.
Hope you are sorted soon.

Yes, endless speculation is not good. Answers mean everything as you say, its good to know what battle you need to fight!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wishing you well! The waiting is horrible.
Do you have any expectations for an answer at your next appt?

I bounced around for months waiting for a diagnosis for something, but I took consolation from two things
i) the NHS is quite good (some say excellent) at fast tracking things that have a dire prognosis, so if they are taking their time, then you HAVE time.
ii) I had been having the symptoms for years - and I wasn't dead yet. I found THAT very reassuring.

Have a hug.

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wishing you well! The waiting is horrible.
Do you have any expectations for an answer at your next appt?

I bounced around for months waiting for a diagnosis for something, but I took consolation from two things
i) the NHS is quite good (some say excellent) at fast tracking things that have a dire prognosis, so if they are taking their time, then you HAVE time.
ii) I had been having the symptoms for years - and I wasn't dead yet. I found THAT very reassuring.

Have a hug.

Had appt with haematology on 20/10, followed by a bone marrow biopsy on 30/10 and a ct scan on 5/11. Had a phone call yesterday with a follow up appt next Monday. Of course I'm glad I am going to get some answers but at the same time slightly alarmed that the results have come in so quick (especially when it said in radiology that results would take 20days)

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Had appt with haematology on 20/10, followed by a bone marrow biopsy on 30/10 and a ct scan on 5/11. Had a phone call yesterday with a follow up appt next Monday. Of course I'm glad I am going to get some answers but at the same time slightly alarmed that the results have come in so quick (especially when it said in radiology that results would take 20days)

Sending up prayers for you and your family - the waiting takes a toll on them too, speaking from experience. Having been in your situation - waiting for a diagnosis - I took heart that the Docs were acting quickly which meant that treatment could be started quicker and hopefully better results in the end. Blessings/L

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sending up prayers for you and your family - the waiting takes a toll on them too, speaking from experience. Having been in your situation - waiting for a diagnosis - I took heart that the Docs were acting quickly which meant that treatment could be started quicker and hopefully better results in the end. Blessings/L

Thank you :)

shellysexbomb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
**UPDATE**
It has been confirmed I have atypical chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, watch and wait for now :(

lindijanice

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello @shellysexbomb. Sorry you have received this news, but at least now you know what you are dealing with and you can face your enemy and show the grit and determination you have to defeat this...... Keep your attitude positive and know that you have those of us who will be praying for you and your family during this time. Hopefully as @Pipp has asked, you will be given support and advice from the medical community. You have to be your own best advocate so keep going at them until they get you what you need. All the best for you and your family - looks like you have a pretty good guy in that picture with you:) Blessings/L

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
**UPDATE**
It has been confirmed I have atypical chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, watch and wait for now :(

What a blow, shellysexbomb. I'm not in any way trivialising your diagnosis, or it's impact on your life in any way, but if it could be any consolation, I'll mention that my neighbour's chap was diagnosed with CML (different variant of the CL, obviously), 19 years ago and he still lives a very full life and plays golf most day. He does complain about one of his knees hurting some times, but then will be 80 on his next birthday and had the other one replaced a few years ago, due to general wear and tear. He reckons it's about time for the second, and my wager is he'll crack on and have it done.

This guy seems to have excellent care, under the NHS, with very regular checks and of course, as we might expect for a long term condition, the occasional tweak to his meds.

He sometimes comments he can't take the late nights like he used to, but I can't party as he still seems to!

The one concession he seems to make to his condition is that he'll try to avoid folks with winter colds and flu, but then, maybe that's plain common sense.

Good luck with it all, and please do ensure you take all the support and education you can pay your hands on. I'm sure, for me, that would be a big part of learning to accept and live with it.