Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
today using a meter which is has a guaranteed accuracy within 8% ( as opposed to 20% on most meters) my morning blood sugars are 6.1

bigjim19

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
a lot of food im supposed to eat yuk
today using a meter which is has a guaranteed accuracy within 8% ( as opposed to 20% on most meters) my morning blood sugars are 6.1

According to my meter (code free )average and my 3 monthly average at the clinic the difference is 0.5 and that’s been at least 4 tests although I record the higher figure on my codefree I know it’s 0.5 out which I feel you can’t get closer than that

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
According to my meter (code free )average and my 3 monthly average at the clinic the difference is 0.5 and that’s been at least 4 tests although I record the higher figure on my codefree I know it’s 0.5 out which I feel you can’t get closer than that
I'm glad your meter is oK. I've been testing for just over a year with an icare advanced, initially any meter would have done to guide in the general direction. I've swapped to a contour next, the meter was free and the strips cost much the same, the lancing pain/ sensation is much less. I'm looking for consistency as well as accuracy . (This morning I double checked my bloods and got the same number, a good start I thought)

Last edited:

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good day all.
According to my code free 5.2 @ 5:00 AM
The other BG monitor read 4.
I want to do all in my power to prevent complications.
I input my readings into an app (less fiddly for me).
I am looking forward to my next HbA1c reading at the Dr's, so I can know whether to ditch this code free or the Care Sens which ever is not in line with what I get then.