Free style libre help?

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Iv just put a new sensor in today, Iv done a couple of readings with it but now it’s coming up with ‘glucose reading is unavailable. Try scanning again in 10 minutes?

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi Emma,
Give it a bit of time and see if you still get the message later. I've had this before but it worked fine after waiting.

Reactions: bushbri

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I believe new sensors still need time to calibrate when you put them on. I think they should even out within 12 -24 hours.

D

Diabeticliberty

If you go into settings (click on the wheel at the top corner of the menu) and then event log you should find a series of error codes that correspond with the times that your Libre cannot read your glucose. As @tiredoftrying2017 very rightly suggests the thing usually settles within or shortly after the first 24 hours of being initialised. You may get this message also through the life of the sensor and it usually corrects after a short period of time. If however it fails then speak to Abbott Customer Services (by phone, they are absolutely terrible by email) and they will send you a replacement and a free return bag to send the faulty one back to them. I wouldn't speak to Abbott within the first 24 hours as they suggest that the thing will in every likelihood settle down and work for you.

Postleneo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Iv just put a new sensor in today, Iv done a couple of readings with it but now it’s coming up with ‘glucose reading is unavailable. Try scanning again in 10 minutes?
When I used the Libre I found that it normally took about 2 days to embed, calibrate and the readings to settle. What I found that helps was to attach the sensor for 3 days before activating it.... Seemed to work a treat

emma_hughes3

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My libre sensor has deactivated, said there was a fault with the glucose readings? I’m gutted as Iv just had my back ground changed and wanted to keep a close eye on my bloods :(

JoeT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Keep the head up. We're all in this together. When you get the new sensor, you will be able to nail it.

Mark_1

One of mine did that, it never came back to life. Got a replacement sent out.