What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I was a bit shaky and so drank some lucozade after 10 mins was up to 4.5

I get the shakes low 4s so this is my hypo territory
All ok now thanks Kathleen
@Cumberland
So glad to hear your ok was a little worried it was a little on the low side for you. Good luck and take care of yourself.K

Reactions: Cumberland

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thirty plus years in Lancaster,then moved to Scotland with Scottish Mr Mac when we retired.You can take the girl out of Lancashire but not Lancashire out of the girl!I still have the accent and can spot another one at a hundred paces!!;)We were checking into a hotel in Switzerland and the receptionist was from Preston and speaking to us in French !
@Glenmac how strange me and hubby nearly moved to Scotland a few years ago when the firm he worked for went out of business,wish we had many times we used to visit friends in Dunblane travelled all over Scotland love it,but we lost touch with them and haven't been for a while, lucky you enjoy it, your right about not taking Lancashire out of the girl we are a friendly bunch us Lanky folk!K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I’m good now thanks
Interesting recipe you posted and it’s noted thanks

@Cumberland I've been making this recipe for weeks lately everyone loves it got it in one of the Aldi magazines in store but cannot find it in their recipes online,perhaps it's too new to have listed it. But it's satisfying and filling on these cold days and what's more doesn't cost a lot, I double up on the ingredients and theirs always some left for next day either for me and or Geoff and David for lunch at work.You can use any sausage and replace carrots with other roasted veg and add one or more veg instead of potatoes if your low carbing. Hope you try it and enjoy. K

Reactions: Cumberland

Ixarix

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
@lxarix
Just posted on here one of my favourite recipes for Beer Baked Sausage Casserole check it out and try it sure you will love this hearty meal at this time of year,let me know what you think of it!K
I'll try to find. I'll let you know what I think.

Reactions: Granny_grump_

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...just about awake...early start...off to work in London today...so looking forward to the thrill of driving down the A1(M) & the M25 in the rush hour traffic...more coffee first...at least it's stopped raining... hissing down last night...woke to a 4.7

D

Diabeticliberty

Goedemorgen, mijn vrolijke band van diabetische superman en wondervrouw. I bought myself a unicycle of all things. Yes folks a unicycle. After riding around my garden at 4.00am this morning I am currently in A+E and have had 3.5 pints of blood transfused to replace the stuff that is dripping off the rose bushes at the bottom end if my garden. My blood sugars are 3.5mmols by the way. Roll up, roll up for a wonderful Wednesday :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Morning...just about awake...early start...off to work in London today...so looking forward to the thrill of driving down the A1(M) & the M25 in the rush hour traffic...more coffee first...at least it's stopped raining... hissing down last night...woke to a 4.7

Drive safely. I dont envy you driving on those roads at all.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fd8cb4a0a16f783d691a83b94fe100ac.jpg

6,3 this morning, after 8km walk.

Rose bushes in neighbor's garden must think we are in April not November!

453f01ac1c6a4e39935581806da40866.jpg

f80d118250beb77b28fc1a7e8b502fde.jpg

9443008a95935eb37cedeb37e4ba042b.jpg

Enjoy your day

Pavlos

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I'll try to find. I'll let you know what I think.
@lxarix the recipe is on previous page to this look out for Ziggy I sent it to her hope you like it when you find it. K

Reactions: Ixarix

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
All I can say to some of the recent posts is Smack Barm Pea Wet. Cant say that I was over fond of the meat and potato pies though.
Hi John ah remember pea wet but you only got that over your chips at chippy if you couldn't afford the peas when I was a girl,and Wigan was built on bakery's making pies and I have to admit I liked pies from some of the family owned bakery's but haven't had a pie for years stomach can't tolerate the pastry. K

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Goedemorgen, mijn vrolijke band van diabetische superman en wondervrouw. I bought myself a unicycle of all things. Yes folks a unicycle. After riding around my garden at 4.00am this morning I am currently in A+E and have had 3.5 pints of blood transfused to replace the stuff that is dripping off the rose bushes at the bottom end if my garden. My blood sugars are 3.5mmols by the way. Roll up, roll up for a wonderful Wednesday :)
Good morning to you too Diabeticliberty in the only language I know? K