Looking for a pal who understands

izzy_b

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi I'm 18 and just looking for someone to talk to and unload to about the daily struggles of diabetes. Friends, family and boyfriend try to be as helpful as possible but I don't really say much as don't want to worry them. So yeah it would be great to have someone there who gets it! P.S. I'm also a fab listener

Meggsie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi izzy. Id be happy to lend an ear.

type 2 on insulin plus oral medications. also have hashimotos and fsgs

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance
Hi I'm 18 and just looking for someone to talk to and unload to about the daily struggles of diabetes. Friends, family and boyfriend try to be as helpful as possible but I don't really say much as don't want to worry them. So yeah it would be great to have someone there who gets it! P.S. I'm also a fab listener

Hi. Oh don't tell us you're a fab listener...I will moan the face off you! Hope you get talking to some people around your age.

Reactions: izzy_b

sarzie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey Izzy!
I'm 19 and was diagnosed at the end of last year, I would love to talk. I find it's so difficult to speak about diabetes with friends because of our age and they just don't have the same stresses and responsibilities. :p

bidder1603

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
none- fiction and tuna
Hey I'm 21 and came looking for the exact same reasons! message me if ya like

Reactions: baffour2057

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @izzy_b and @pierre.jay.

I've had T1 for 23 years and have had an insulin pump for 18 months. I'm definitely not an expert and get how difficult it is to talk to others who just don't get it however hard they try.

I also had to cope with the challenges of T1 through the stress of exams and uni.

Happy to help in anyway possible :)

Lulu9101112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Football, Rugby, Sweede, Parsnips, Beetroot
Hey there I'm 18 too and had Type 1 diabeties since I was 7

Happy to help :)

Reactions: Freema

Hammyjames50

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey guys new to this but I'm 21 type 1 since 15 really struggle at the start to come to terms with my diabetes in time took its toll on my been in hospital the last 10 months of the year had a very bad parasitic infection that was causing cyst in my stomach and this took my sugars to uncontrollable levels so while in hospital they commensed me on to the Omnipod pump and by god it saved my life literally now I'm really struggling eating as now I have gastroperesis and also a peg feed through my stomach into my small bowel I have lots of problems now on my bowels and they don't want to empty so on things so help empty my bowel then need more test on my bowel if they eventually empty then also I have 2 kidney stones that are lodged in my urinary tract so an op on oct 12 to laser them out and fit a stent as they have been there now over 6 months always looking to speak to someone that I can relate to

prickles1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys,
I'm 19 and was diagnosed just before I turned 14 so I have a bit of time behind me. I have been hospitalised with dka and have had severe hypos of 1.5 mmol too so both ends of the spectrum .. happy to add anyone on snapchat anytime you feel down or puzzled about anything I'll talk, pm me for my snapchat Nicole

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

Megan2424

Completely get where your coming from! I'm 17 was diagnosed at 11, my family, friends and boyfriend do their best but it's so hard when they don't understand, yet you don't want to complain or worry them about sugars...

Scarjaws

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Heyy, I'm 23 with t1, got diagnosed about 3 months ago and I'm in the same position really x

kearagm

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I’m 19 and was only diagnosed earlier this year, happy to talk about all the struggles and complications. Honestly, I’ve been really struggling with the diagnosis myself so chat me up!

Calv2504

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hey I'm T1 been diagnosed 18 years now I'm 27. Know how you feel @izzy_b never really spoke to loved ones much about it all either just tried to get on with it on my own can take its toll. If anyone needs/wants to chat away send me a message :)

CalG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m 27 had T1D for 10 years been on a pump for 3. Have never had real good control due to work and lifestyle.
Never thought I’d be posting in something like this but can’t find anywhere to talk to someone in the same boat.

varma21345

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi, facing issue the same issue , unable to share all things in friends and family . It is always ending up negative side making them worried.I stay away from from my family an friends due to my educational purposes and this is making things more complicated . I am 26 and a T2 diagnosed 1.5 years ago.

Hi to all of you who are in search of fellow sweet people I am always looking for People like you and feel free to know ourselves better.

Have a healthy life ahead.

Type of diabetes
Type 1

hey, I live in Australia VIC. I am always happy to listen

Post edited by a mod.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrvermilya1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
SAME! I'm 18 & I feel like I'm the only one my age that has diabetes and I still have trouble coming to terms with it. I don't have family nor any friends that have it so they just say what they think I want to hear. Anyway if you or anyone else just wants to talk about it I'm always down ‍♂️ Snap: Josh_v3

Last edited:

Destiiny_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi I'm also 18 and looking for someone to talk to about the daily struggles of diabetes, and for someone who understand diabetics