Yogurt

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Quick question? Can I have coconut greek yogurt or does it need to be plain???

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Check the label, or look it up on the Internet. (I can tell you for sure that maple-flavored Greek yogurt is high-carb, as I found out a few days ago when I bought it by mistake!)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Check the label. If it looks ok try it and note your bg response to it. I use greek style yoghurt regularly and am fine with it. Havn't tried the cocnut version so will be interested in seeing your response. Bon Apetit!

Is it the full fat version?

Reactions: Grateful

lindiloo62

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I really can't get away with the plain stuff. How many carbs do you have per day??

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I really can't get away with the plain stuff. How many carbs do you have per day??

Not even with some lovely strawberries chopped up in it?

I eat to what my meter tells me is my limit within the target range I set for myself. If you set yourself some targets and use your meter to stay within those most of the time, you won't go far wrong. :)

Reactions: Grateful

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I sprinkle a bit of Splenda over natural yoghurt and have it as a pudding most days with some sugar-free strawberry jelly.

I make my own yoghurt - apart from being a little sharp without sweetener, it's absolutely delicious and really creamy. Sometimes I strain it (half an hour in a sieve lined with 2 sheets of kitchen roll, over a bowl) and serve it (without sweetener, this time) on top of low carb chocolate mousse - it cuts through the chocolatiness and refreshes things nicely.

:)

Reactions: lindiloo62

Grateful

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

About 30g in my case, similar to @Bluetit1802 (stated in signature). Impossible to tell whether that is appropriate for you though. I eat two tablespoons of plain, low-fat Greek yogurt with breakfast but could easily add a small quantity of berries.

Reactions: lindiloo62

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I add desiccated coconut to full fat Greek yogurt - 7 percent carbs and about 3 percent carbs - far lower than the premixed one.

CrankyKat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hiya! If it helps I can point in the direction of total 2% Greek yogurt. I usually have around 200g with a hand full of blueberries for breakfast and it doesn’t usually spike my bloods up xxxx