Omnipod keeps needing replacing!

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, for the past 1-2 weeks my omnipod pods have not been the best. Each pod has lasted a maximum of 2 days which is not as long as it should be. Also where I put it becomes tender when the pod is on my arm. I have had a few that has bleed when I took it off. Just wondering how do i know if the needle has retracted after the cannula has been inserted? Also I'm wondering if I've have a bad box of them?
Thanks

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
hey there @Tomb2112
honest and best answer is to ring omnipod tomorrow morning

The worst scenario I have had has been when a pod change left me going totally high with no reason ( 21.2 ) followed by a pod that just started alarming all by itself so needed replacing about 8 hours after the previous pod change ( if that makes sense )

i have found the customer service people lovely and really helpful.

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
hey there @Tomb2112
honest and best answer is to ring omnipod tomorrow morning

The worst scenario I have had has been when a pod change left me going totally high with no reason ( 21.2 ) followed by a pod that just started alarming all by itself so needed replacing about 8 hours after the previous pod change ( if that makes sense )

i have found the customer service people lovely and really helpful.
Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give Omnipod customer services a ring in the morning!

Reactions: himtoo

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
that is the best bet -- thay are lovely and helpful

keep us updated on how you get on !!

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi..
I rang up today and explained the situation.. and they don't think it was a dodgy box.. but there going to send me out another box just to be on the safe side!:) thanks for the advice!:)

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi..
I rang up today and explained the situation.. and they don't think it was a dodgy box.. but there going to send me out another box just to be on the safe side!:) thanks for the advice!:)
well done you -- it at least gives some peace of mind going forward --- keep us updated over the next few weeks ( assuming you may have a few more pods from the same batch still to use )

great news for you regarding customer service !!

Tomb2112

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah still got about 4 left.. Will be interesting to see how they plan out!
Will keep updated!:)

Heathero

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi..
Just looked on forum as have has same situation with 3 of 5 pods high blood levels no warning re faulty pod, but huge bleed when removed. Maybe I need to ring them too.