Latest hba1c with telling off.........

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you all for your kind words, personally I intend to carry on as I have been.

On another note, just got in from work to a voicemail from the nurse telling me not too worry, but if I get in before 6:00 to ring her.

Unfortunately missed that deadline so will call her tomorrow, wonder what I,ve done now X

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Congratulations. You are an inspiration!

NHS = 'National Hysterical Service'

Reactions: Prem51
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all, last Thursday I had my 3 monthly review with diabetic nurse who proudly announced my hba1c was 31 .

She asked me how I was doing this as I had stopped metformin months ago, so I explained about Lchf and intermittent fasting, she appeared less than impressed.

She then told me my numbers were going too low and if I carried on the way I am going she wold insist on me seeing the GP . I then had to go through what I was eating with her and explain that I am getting adequate nutrients from good healthy fresh foods and fats. Whilst talking she was taking lots of notes.

Anyway to cut a long story short we both agreed my hba1c - good, weight has gone from obese to normal, blood pressure and cholesterol also good.

She also told me my diet was unsustainable long term, and that I must start reintroducing sugery carbs back into my diet such as bread and cereals etc.

I explained I had been doing Lchf sine Feb with no problems and am healthier than ever.

Appointment over.

Not sure what is going on with the forum at the minute with many people leaving, but I would like to say to each and everyone of you who contribute to this site with advice and guidance a big, big thank you, I do not think I would be the fit healthy person I am today without your pearls of wisdom, anecdotes, etc.

This year for me has been one of many lows and a few highs, and I will be glad when it is over, this site has been a saving grace.

So once more thank you all xx

I suspect your nurse was learning from you. Why else take notes. Southport GP did that with one of his patients and look where is now. He has got awards like Innovator of the Year, given a talk to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Health, saves his surgery £40,000 a year and despite that remains a well grounded thoroughly nice person.

Reactions: Prem51

hca

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I suspect your nurse was learning from you. Why else take notes. Southport GP did that with one of his patients and look where is now. He has got awards like Innovator of the Year, given a talk to the All Party Parliamentary Group on Health, saves his surgery £40,000 a year and despite that remains a well grounded thoroughly nice person.
Would be nice to think so X

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations on your results.

I love it when my DN goes all headteacherly on me - you see, I was a deputy head for years and can still do 'the voice'. I have had to ask her 'not to speak to me in that manner', not to 'treat me like an idiot'. She tuts and sighs when I say I will go away and research something and get back to her if I feel it's the way for me. She threw a fit when I said I didn't feel I merited statins and said I shouldn't believe everything I read in the Daily Mail. I told her that was just about the most insulting thing she'd ever said to me and would she kindly never make such a comment again!
I got a similar reaction from my DN after my hba1c had increased from 48 to 54 after starting statins. When I next saw her and my hba1c had dropped to 42 I told her that I had come off the statins due to side effects (with GP’s consent) and that there was also a correlation between statins and raised BS in some people. I was told not to believe everything I read in the Daily Mail and her face was a picture when I told her that i got the info from the drug company’s own website!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Thank you all for your kind words, personally I intend to carry on as I have been.

On another note, just got in from work to a voicemail from the nurse telling me not too worry, but if I get in before 6:00 to ring her.

Unfortunately missed that deadline so will call her tomorrow, wonder what I,ve done now X
What did dn want? How are things lately? Hoping things have settled into a workable good bg routine.

O

oh_dear_me

Amazing results! When I lowered my hba1c from 109 to 52 I got a hug from my DN! She was so supportive of the LCHF diet. In fact she was the one to tell me all about it. Sadly she has now retired...such a shame.

Reactions: Arlmy