The Diabetes Rollercoaster

• Thread starter catherinecherub
  • Start Date
C

catherinecherub

Found this article that puts into words how most of us feel at times. No matter whether your control is good or bad there are times when you just wish it would all go away. It might help newbies understand more about the seriousness of it all.

http://www.diabetesexplained.com/diabet ... ssues.html

Worth following on with the links to :-
The 5 stages of grief and Diabetic Burnout.
Whoever wrote this seems to be able to put it into words much better than I can and it is so right.

simonoconnor

Re: The diabetes roller coaster.

catherinecherub said:
Found this article that puts into words how most of us feel at times. No matter whether your control is good or bad there are times when you just wish it would all go away. It might help newbies understand more about the seriousness of it all.

http://www.diabetesexplained.com/diabetic-emotional-issues.html

Worth following on with the links to :-
The 5 stages of grief and Diabetic Burnout.
Whoever wrote this seems to be able to put it into words much better than I can and it is so right.

Thank you for a good read and well found. Although not a newbie myself, I know of a few who may benefit this article. Thank you

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.

Thank you Catherine for the link, what a brilliant article - well worth reading!

melizh

Thanks for this Catherine, I will be emailing this link to my other half to help with his understanding of how I can sometimes feel. :)

princess

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty of any kind, violence, bitchiness, fighting,

I couldn't agree with this post more, and think I have almost gone through all the stages of loss but have now learnt the hard way that control needs to happen, however you feel, in the end, lack of WILL get you. I am typing this with one eye shut as the double vision (dyplopia) I now have makes it impossible to use both together. My BS has been all over the place but as a 57 year old chocoholic who was rushed into icu just over 3 years ago with ketoacidocis and diagnosed a type 1(formerly I thought, the healthiest excersising vegetarian alive!)I have now learnt the errors of my ways. The problem I have now is having found what I would call a 'Bible" DR Bernsteins book - I find low carb works, difficult but worth it, in reduced sugars and weight, but I now seem to have frustratingly high bs's in the morning. 5 or 6 at bedtime waking up to a 17/18. The ensuing tantrum does nothing to help, can anyone on here explain or offer me advise as I would love to keep on with the bernstein way but because of the problems with the eyes and also numb left fingers I know I cannot keep getting high readings. Sorry for long post but thanks for sticking with me :oops: nb seems the smilies can sense my mood and don't appear to work !

witan

I'd love to see that broadcast (with suitable video) as a public information film to help the general public understand the life of a diabetic.

C

catherinecherub

Thought I would bump this up as it might help some of the newer members come to terms with how they are feeling.

Catherine_h

Riverman

I promise you it will get better, I'm one year diagnosed now and life is getting back to normal (ish) but trust me I remember feeling just how you do now! just take things a step and a day at a time!

If I can help at all please pm me

Take care

Catherine

C

catherinecherub

Thought I would bump this up for people who are feeling down about their diabetes.

It doesn't matter how many steps you have taken in the diabetes journey, there are times when you feel enough is enough.

Reading these articles does put it in perspective IMHO.

ailz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people that make me panic. Racism - in fact most 'isms'
It is often at this time that the fact that we are diabetics really begins to penetrate.

Before, though we may have paid lip service to the fact, we had not really understood all the consequences. By now we have had time to talk to other people about it, read up on it and maybe visit online forums where others talk about their situations. This, though good as far as educating us goes, has a down side.

This is where I have suddenly arrived at. I've been a type 2 for 12 years, but suddenly nothing seems to be working at bringing down those Blood Glucose numbers. I've always more or less ignored my diabetes - now I realise that I can't :idea:

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
diabetesexplained.com said:
Consider this - who would apply for a job that offered them ongoing boring work with minimal immediate reward, no recognition or appreciation of what they actually did, all for a suggested, but not certain, reward, ten to twenty years in the future, of the same dull job but without any added complications? Applicants would hardly be queuing up!!!

BEST ANALOGY EVER!!! Really good read all round, actually.

Thanks for posting, CC.