E-Cig and BG Levels

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I've recently quit smoking and bought myself an e-cig but wondered if there are any effects on BG levels when vaping.

Anyone here have experience in using a vape? Any increased BG levels you have noticed from using it, or know of them effecting BG?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
The only thing I know is that some fluids use glycol as a suspension for the flavours or nicotine. Well done for giving up, wish I could do it.

Reactions: Deanoh

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I am now 2 years tobacco free using a vape and it does not have any impact on my blood sugars as far as I can tell. I have also not gained any weight but have lost 60 pounds in this same time. I started out at 24 mg and I am now transitioning from 3mg to zero. Within a very short time I will probably quit vaping as well now that nicotine is out of the picture. Good luck and well done :)

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Thanks @Guzzler - Diabetes and heart attack pushed me to stop, never thought I would and never had any intention of stopping, smoked 20+ a day and had been smoking for about 13 years, it's amazing what health problems can help you to do, as bad as they are..

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
I am now 2 years tobacco free using a vape and it does not have any impact on my blood sugars as far as I can tell. I have also not gained any weight but have lost 60 pounds in this same time. I started out at 24 mg and I am now transitioning from 3mg to zero. Within a very short time I will probably quit vaping as well now that nicotine is out of the picture. Good luck and well done :)

Thanks for the info and also well done to you!

I currently on 6mg after 2 weeks, thinking of dropping it to 0 as I currently feel its more about the "hand to mouth movement" and inhalation for me, rather than the actual nicotine intake as I dropped from 18mg to 6mg after a couple of days and it did not faze me - Plus I feel I want to remove the nicotine all together as I've already been told one of my arteries have narrowed amongst the other heart issues so nicotine isn't going to help that :p

I'm not sure - We'll see I suppose!

ScottyWalks

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done on giving up smoking. I've been vaping for four years and could never go back to real cigs.

I had a theory that vaping might be affecting me and I stopped for nearly a week. It didn't change anything about my diabetes though, so I ruled it out. In general, there hasn't been much research on e-cigs yet though, so you never know.

James1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yeah well done
Been vaping for about two years now and on zero nicotine and it’s not raised my bs

Kentoldlady1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done. I know its not easy. I dont use it myself but I do remember a thread recently that said that the sweeter/fruit ones do contain sugar. Perhaps the safest thing to do would be to contact the manufacturers directly? You cannot be the only person needing to know this and info on the packet wold be very helpful.

Deanoh

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes ;)
Thanks all, I know a place that doesn't add sugar to their liquids but I was told this wont really matter due to other ingredients and if it did effect BG it would ve very slight. Just wanted some other opinions from here