Pregablin

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

Doc has put me on pregablin tabs for neuropathy in hands fingers and wrists I keep getting numb hands when I wake up and also tingling in my hands wrists also.

Will have to see if they help hope my b.s. didn't go up more hope not but it' not coming down either so it' s right annoying to say the least.

Diligent500.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Did Dr advise on what to expect on this drug?
Info leaflet useful too?

Do you have to go back for a repeat prescription?
Does this med help with numbness and tingling? Or just to stem the problem getting worse.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
I have to go bk for review in 4 weeks.

Reactions: ickihun

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi ikihun,

I still had numbness this morning when I woke up n tingling I will have to try it for a longer time I think.

Diligent500.

Reactions: ickihun

thetechnocrat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bossed about by my wife (she who will be obeyed)
Pregabalin or Gabapentin are the standard treatments for Peripheral Neuropathy. In the event that either of these two meds disagree with you then Duloxetine can be a useful alternative which is not commonly prescribed.

leahkian

Hi i was put on pregablin for nerve damage but the only thing it did for me was put weight on but they told me that i was unlucky as most people are fine. You could ask your doctor to refer you for a nerve test at hospital as i had carpel tunnel and they did a op to release the nerve but it did not last that long before my hands started going numb again, so it might be worth asking the doctor what he thinks.