Diabetic Craft Club

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am making a Merry Christmas banner for the fireplace. All a bit urgent as our son is leaving for India & Australia (work then holiday ) on 11 December so we are having Christmas early this year. Thus is one of the letters. Just 4 more to go.
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1510041423.204497.jpg

S

Sable_Jan

I am making a Merry Christmas banner for the fireplace. All a bit urgent as our son is leaving for India & Australia (work then holiday ) on 11 December so we are having Christmas early this year. Thus is one of the letters. Just 4 more to go.View attachment 24425
Wow!! Yesterday's unicorn was frustrating and not impressive but realised where I'd gone wrong..hadn't used the thingy sheet.... I'd gotten away with it for small motifs although looking at the back it was puckered up.
Just finished this for my friend
4d4ac29edcd6babda79129dcf18c2b87.jpg

Reactions: Freema

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It's onto off-white felt, with some stabiliser behind. I've finished the letters now so need to sort out some backing material.

Reactions: Sable_Jan

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Wow!! Yesterday's unicorn was frustrating and not impressive but realised where I'd gone wrong..hadn't used the thingy sheet.... I'd gotten away with it for small motifs although looking at the back it was puckered up.
Just finished this for my friend
4d4ac29edcd6babda79129dcf18c2b87.jpg

I do like the rainbow threads!

S

Sable_Jan

I do like the rainbow threads!
It was perfect for Rainbow Bridge..
I got a box of 12 different ones on eBay from seller embroidered-just-4-u ... £24 but they're 1000 metre reels... I've only tried that one so far....

S

Sable_Jan

It's onto off-white felt, with some stabiliser behind. I've finished the letters now so need to sort out some backing material.
My mistake with my stitch heavy unicorn was forgetting the stabiliser....I'd bought some, I knew about it, but....forgot
You Lear by your mistakes....

S

Sable_Jan

96d340b6ebce737bc747d719796d82aa.jpg

Safety straps for walking the dog. Grip isn't too great and I use a crutch... if flexi lead gets pulled out if my hand I've still got it.... and free hand for picking poopies up...

Reactions: Clivethedrive

AnniB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I have bought a multi pack of threads from the same website, and her sample pack of different stabiliser. Very quick service

S

Sable_Jan

I have bought a multi pack of threads from the same website, and her sample pack of different stabiliser. Very quick service
I was only on there the other day looking at the stabiliser. Ordered some you lay on top cos I've got a cellular cotton baby blanket I want to embroider on for granddaughter's Baby Born doll (as well as a roll of tearaway for long sleeves tops I want to "write" on for all grandkids) I must've missed the sample pack ... ah well, maybe next time...
Service definitely good

S

Sable_Jan

I have finished the parts for my Christmas banner tonight. Just need to sew it onto some ribbonView attachment 24490View attachment 24491
That's beautiful and your framing is perfect....gorgeous...
Got a note in my last order that the firms eBay shop is closing and to go to their website.... then a link from there saying for small orders use Etsy shop..... not much in it though.... sugar, forgot to check for sample stabiliser but think what I ordered (the over the top for towels) might have come...not opened mail yet and there is a flat parcels

S

Sable_Jan

Each square is 5". This is the finished itemView attachment 24512
That's really impressive.... and looks perfectly sized too...

Finished the unicorn on dolls blanket....few hiccups again but Kacey will still like it... was VERY stitch heavy so the tear away stabiliser tore apart along a stitch line.....I slid another piece under it which helped... I think you can get permanent stabiliser but haven't looked yet.... and I know there are bits missing because the thread broke yesterday and I didn't go back far enough so there's a line of second level stitches missing across its belly .. THEN like an idiot I switched the machine off last night so had to find the right position to start up again....
It does look fine if you don't know what it's supposed to look like
9d0f86d3d5c8888f7085dc1b4067d1d6.jpg

C

Cojaluma_

That's really impressive.... and looks perfectly sized too...

Finished the unicorn on dolls blanket....few hiccups again but Kacey will still like it... was VERY stitch heavy so the tear away stabiliser tore apart along a stitch line.....I slid another piece under it which helped... I think you can get permanent stabiliser but haven't looked yet.... and I know there are bits missing because the thread broke yesterday and I didn't go back far enough so there's a line of second level stitches missing across its belly .. THEN like an idiot I switched the machine off last night so had to find the right position to start up again....
It does look fine if you don't know what it's supposed to look like
9d0f86d3d5c8888f7085dc1b4067d1d6.jpg
It looks great Jan, I’m sure your granddaughter will love it.