hi everyone!

LindaRB

Hi!

I have just been diagnosed with diabetes type 2, in hindsight it isn't that surprising but I am finding it hard to adjust.

I'm hear to hopefully get some advice from real people as I find professionals can be a bit overwhelming at times!

DazG

Hi Linda

You probably have lots of questions so just ask away, plenty of people on here will be able to help you.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Welcome Linda! :)

Nigel

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Linda, welcome to the forum :)
You will get plenty of advice on here - I learned everything I know about diabetes on here - not from the professionals. Its a shock when you're first diagnosed isn't it.

Cowboyjim

Welcome to the club.... I too was stunned... what me? No way! Etc etc... but here I am a year later...
If you weren't a sceptic before learn to be one and read as much as you can from everywhere especially here. DM is a very personal thing and don't always take everything you are told as gospel. 8)

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya linda and welcome :D

G4WIL

Cowboyjim said:
Welcome to the club.... I too was stunned... what me? No way! Etc etc... but here I am a year later...
If you weren't a sceptic before learn to be one and read as much as you can from everywhere especially here. DM is a very personal thing and don't always take everything you are told as gospel. 8)
Reminds me of beekeeping :lol: Ask 4 beekeepers a question and your likely to get 9 differing answers :mrgreen: .
It's up to you to sift through to settle on a consensus :) .
I select from advice given by the long term afflicted on the premise that their approach has sustained them over a long period 8)

John W.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Welcome to the home of the shocked, but don't worry as you are now amongst many who have trod the path and well on the road to reality and recovery.

Once you've got the hang of it with our support, you'll come to realise that you are in charge of diabetes and not it in charge of you :wink:

LindaRB

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

The messages are really encouraging and make me feel a lot better about my condition!

I do have a lot of questions and I can assure you that will see them regularly over the next few months!

Thanks again! :D