Ambersilva

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@NewTD2

All nutritious foods give you energy. I would suggest that you eat the usual food that you like. Two hours after eating take a meter reading to see how your blood sugar was affected. Keep a log of all food consumed and all meter readings. A pattern will emerge to reveal which foods raise your blood sugar and which foods do not.

Reactions: Serena51

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would like to share you these fat bombs to give you energy guys -

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Andrew! Those recipes look so good. I'll have to try them. I think there's a DCUK recipe forum on this site you also might want to post these to. I'm sure everyone would love to see these!

QPR4Me

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Exercise machines and Gyms. Avoid like the plague.
I don't think I've ever eaten as many veggies my whole life as I have the last 6 months - lol. I've never heard of celeriac - what's that and what does it taste like? I used to eat sweet potatoes when I was first diagnosed, but stopped when I went low carb. I can't remember how it affected my bg. I suppose it would be ok in small portions (and I have heard it's good for diabetes), but I decided that I would avoid all starches and give my pancreas the best rest I could to try and allow it to heal and reverse this thing. But my plan is to slowly re-introduce these things when I'm off meds. But you have to do what you need to do to get through this, and if that means a slice of bread then that means a slice of bread. I've heard others mention on here about a brand of bread available in England that doesn't affect their bg as much. Can't remember the name.

This is just my own way of doing things - I get very determined and do things all the way or not at all
A really ugly looking thing, looks like a Turnip with tentacles. Lidl often sells it. Makes great mash!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Celeriac is so delicious if peeling the outside off.. and then cutting up in to thick chips and roasting.. dont put in as much oil / lard as you would with roast potatoes. Par boil first .

Absolutely the best. We have every Saturday with fish and veg.. absolutely delicious!!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night was my last Insulin (Glargine) therapy from 14 units down to 6 units in just 13 days.

This morning after breakfast was my very first pill for Metformin 500 mg.

Low-carbing really works for me.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are loads of recipes on YouTube if you search for "Keto Recipes" i.e. bread, cakes, fat bombs etc.

Do you make your own fat / energy bombs?

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Keto bread is amazing. Just add plenty of walnuts, pecan, almonds etc. to boost the energy levels.

Sometimes I also add one avocado and one banana. It's about 20-35g of carbs for the whole bread (depends on how much nuts/avocado you add) and you can make about 14 slices.

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
No, I haven't tried any of those. Which keto bread recipe was that? The first video?

oldsle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My bg was 2.9 this morning! I was shocked. Now I'm down to 5 units per day.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Leah,

The second video.

I also add 1 avocado and 1 banana with lots of nuts.

Delicious!

Andrew

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done!!!

How long were you on insulin for?

I came off insulin last night and started with Metformin 500mg today.

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glargine 14 units for 10 days and went down to 6 units for 3 days.

I’m now on Metformin 500 mg started today.

Low - carbing really works!

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is fantastic news! Well done Leah!

Today my BG before breakfast was 5 and after dinner was 6.1

Are those numbers ok?

I’m now on Metformin 500m started today.